Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ahoy Mateys! (Kolton's 4th Birthday Party)

Kolton's 4th birthday party was on Saturday, January 7th.  They Foys were super nice and volunteered to let us have the party at their house.  We decided to do a pirate theme.  Kolton was SO excited! We passed the invitations out the Monday before.  I let Kolton take each one of them up to each person's door all by himself (which he thought was pretty cool). The invitations were made of white cardstock soaked in coke and food coloring to get it to look kind of old.  I then burned all the edges and wrote on them. They said: 
Well Shiver Me Timbers!
Kolton is 4!
SO, Ahoy Maties! Lets follow the Captain and find some FUN!
Ship sails on Saturday, Jan. 7th, 12:30-2:00 from Foy Island
I made cupcakes and put paper sails on them and pirate flags.   
 We also hung red and black balloons from the ceiling (well, Brady and Sterling did). 
 I made a treasure map to take us on a treasure hunt to the treasure. 
 The only other decorations we had was this flag pendant thing I made.  We put it on the fireplace and had the gifts placed below it. 
 Here's the treasure (complete with an alligator head)!

 I also asked Brittney to make a bean bag toss game with a picture of a pirate ship.  She did awesome!
 We started the party off with the treasure hunt.  We started off at "Couch Pass"...

 We then headed to "Coconut Trees" (the refrigerator)...
 Next was "Kid Bath" (I was thinking to take them to the kids' bath and so I wrote that on accident before coming up with a name...haha)...
 Then we went to "Nap Forrest" (Kade's bed), then "Toy Quicksand" (toy room)...
 After that we went to the "Mail Cave" (mail box) and then to "Laundry Waterfall" where the treasure was! The kids were so excited all along the way! They'd run back to their parents after each stop and show them what they got and then come running back to see where we were going to go next! They got bandanas, eye patches, pirate hats, tattoos and mustaches, telescopes, necklaces, money, and candy.  
 Here's a picture of all the kids saying "Aaargh!"  (From left to right: Tayte Widdison, Emery, Ethan Lancaster, Emma Endsley, Pierson, Kashton Gulbransen, Kade, Kolton, London, and Beckett Bailey--not pictured: Brooklyn Smith, who came later.)
 After the treasure hunt the kids "walked the plank" and then had to pop cannon balls and walk back across the plank. 
 They could not get the balloons to pop so Brady helped them a little bit! I'm not sure if they even really noticed. :)
 
We then played the bean bag game and they each got to go twice.  Kids love to play bean bag toss games! 
 After that game we opened presents.  Kolton was so excited to see what he got! He was so good at saying thank you to everyone and loved all his presents!


 We then sung Happy Birthday to him and he blew out his candles and then each kid got a cupcake.   


 He had such a blast at his party and was so happy that all his friends were able to come celebrate with him! Brady and I had fun, too, watching the kids enjoy themselves playing together! (Even though I sent one of the little boys to the ER because I gave the kids peanut butter balls and he is allergic to peanut butter...I felt awful! I seriously cried...I couldn't believe it! I knew he had a peanut allergy and so I bought what I thought were chocolate balls and suckers but in fact they were chocolate covered peanut butter balls--it says it in huge letters on the tag and somehow I missed it! He's fine now, thank goodness!)
 One of the presents he got was a robe and it cracks me up when he wears it.  So cute!
I really liked having his party on the 7th instead of the Saturday right after his birthday.  It made it much more enjoyable and not stressful trying to plan it right after Christmas.  I also enjoyed the fact that Brittney took pictures for me so I could concentrate on the party and Kolton and not worry about pictures.  It was a great afternoon celebrating the birthday of one of the most amazing little boys there is!

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers