Sunday, January 29, 2012

Air Kolton

Kolton is a sports fanatic! He loves everything sports! Loves to play sports...loves to watch sports...just loves everything about them.  And he is a natural at it! Every sport he's tried he just gets.  Its impressive to me because I am NOT that way.  He must get it from his dad.  We really should have signed him up for winter basketball...He would have loved it! We signed him up for spring soccer, which he's really excited for! It starts while we are in Utah, but he'll only miss one game. And then I think we are going to put him in summer basketball to see how he likes it.  He recently has become obsessed with the Thunder.  Its been great having the condensed season this year because theres a game on about every other night.  He has learned how to keep the score now too, so we get score updates nearly every time someone scores.  Its funny.  He's also working on learning the players.  He's got Kevin Durant down and knows he is number 35.  He also knows Westbrook is 0, Perkins is 5, and then he knows who Harden and Ibaka are but can't remember their numbers.  He likes to say "Ibaka is the BLOCKA!" The other night we had a basketball "party" with yummy game food and watched basketball as a family.  It was fun! 
Here's a bunch of pictures of Kolton playing basketball in the front yard.   
 


 I like this picture because he totally does this when he shoots.  He'll move his body as he watches the ball "willing" it to go in the hoop. 








 He wanted a picture of our shadows.  He thought it was cool they were so big. 



He likes to do this lately.  He was watching Mulan the other night and he came running over to Brady and said he had a secret to tell him.  He whispered in his ear "Mushu said "I'm going to kick your butt." Butt! He said butt!" and then giggled and giggled.  He is such a little boy.  
Kolton had to get his 4 year old shots a couple of weeks ago. I took him to the health department since they are free there.  I wasn't sure how many he needed but knew he needed a couple.  Brady and I talked to him beforehand about how they'll hurt a little bit but then they'll be over and won't hurt anymore.  Brady talked to him about the importance of him staying still while the nurse is giving him the shot so she can do it faster and easier.  He was a little nervous but decided to be brave.  When we got back in the room he started getting a little more antsy but wanted to sit on the chair by himself and be big and brave instead of sitting on my lap.  So, I sat down on a chair next to him.  He needed 3 shots.  When she did the first one it freaked him out.  This was also the first time he's received shots in his arm.  Every other time he's been young enough to do them in his legs.  He held really still but did not like it! I felt so bad.  He is just at an age where he understood what was going on but not old enough to control his emotions and really know that it would be over soon. I hated seeing him have to sit there through three of them.  For the third one he decided to sit on my lap so I could hold him.  After we were done with them I took him to Brady's work so he could get some stickers and suckers and then to Braum's for an ice cream shake and then we went and signed him up for soccer.  Luckily he now doesn't need any shots until 2018, so that's good! 
Its been unseasonably warm this winter.  Makes me a little nervous for this summer but we've been enjoying the weather for now.  However, the night of the 11th it actually snowed.  We got maybe a quarter of an inch :) at about 9:00 at night but Kolton was still up so he got on his winter gear and headed out to play.  He would go and scrape snow off of Brady's car and then throw it at the house.  He had fun! Playing in the snow is always a blast when you are a little kid! 
Kolton is becoming more and more inquisitive about the gospel.  We were reading from the scriptures one night and when we finished reading he asked us to explain to him what we just read.  I paraphrased it in plain English for him.  He then said "Mom, tell me about Jesus." It was sweet.  So, Brady and I told him about Jesus and our Heavenly Father and how much they love us and what Jesus was like while he was on the Earth and that he'll be coming again soon.  We talked for about 15 minutes and he just soaked it all in.  It was a sweet moment.  I've loved his prayers lately too.  He always, always says "Please bless Heavently Father and Jesus that they can be happy and not sad." I'm not sure where he got that from exactly but he likes to say it in his prayers.  He also says "Thank thee for the gospel" and "thank thee we can be good examples" (he says "thank thee" for almost everything in his prayer).  Last night he said "Thank thee I can go on a mission when I get older." He'll also sometimes say "thank thee (meaning "please bless") mom and dad can be happy and not cranky".   Haha.  That one makes me laugh.  Brady and I have been blessed with a very sweet and loving little boy! I have an amazing family and am so grateful for Brady, Lillian and Kolton!

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers