March 31st Kolton had another game. It was really foggy that morning and the field was all dewy so Kolton got pretty muddy but he had a lot of fun playing. Grandma and Grandpa Brammer came to watch him. He scored 9 goals at this game.

After his soccer game we stayed and watched Kade play for a few minutes (they had come to watch Kolton play that morning too but ended up having to get their team picture taken). We then headed to the City of Moore's Easter Egg Hunt. I knew it was at Buck Thomas Park off of 12th street, but had no idea where it was in the park. When I pulled in to the parking lot it was packed so I took the first spot I saw which was at the very front of the park. Kolton's age group was at 10:40, I believe. We got there at 10:30. We started walking towards the back of the park and I started noticing people VERY far away walking with their baskets. I told Kolton we needed to run. I was afraid he was going to miss his age group's turn to hunt because once it starts, those things end FAST. We literally ran the entire way (which was far!) and got there as the horn went off signaling the start. Kolton just continued running right through to the field. I felt bad for him afterwards. He had just finished playing a long soccer game and then we had to run all the way to the egg hunt. He was TIRED! He had a blast, though, picking up all the candy and eggs. We've always gone to the Norman egg hunt, but this one is MUCH better. It actually has real candy, so that is nice (although at least 3/4 of the candy is still in his Easter basket and this was almost a month ago!).
Look at that face! :( All red and hot (and then with a little bit of mud on it from soccer :)) but still cute!
We went and waited in line to go see the Easter bunny after the hunt. As we were waiting a few mascots came walking by. Kolton wanted to take a picture with the alligator from Andy Alligators. He also said hi to the chicken from Chick Fil A and got some free stuff from both of them.
While we were waiting in line the Easter bunny left for a bathroom break so Kolton walked over to a booth that was giving away a free book to each kid. I stayed in line and just watched him (it was just a few feet away) so we wouldn't loose our spot. I should have specified that he could only get one book, though, because he walked over there and picked up about 4 or 5 books and the lady working the booth said to him "oh, no, no, honey...you can just pick one book." Haha. It was funny. She was super sweet about it, but I can just imagine what she was thinking with this kid coming up and trying to take all the books. :)
After we were done there we went to Jersey Mikes and got $1 subs. With all these new businesses opening up around Brady's work, they all come in and bring them free food or coupons for free or pretty cheap food. Its great! ;) We get free food at Schlotzsky's every time we go in there--the manager is super nice. Anyway, Jersey Mikes had brought them these coupons to BancFirst that said with a donation of $1 you could get a regular sized sandwich so we did that for lunch. Then we came home and watched the second session of conference. That weekend we were supposed to hear from the schools if Kolton got in to pre-k. All my friends were texting me throughout the morning and afternoon that their kid had gotten in and where. I was starting to get nervous because we hadn't heard. During conference, though, we got a phone call and Kolton got in to the afternoon session of pre-k at Southgate, which was our number 1 pick since it is right down the street. I'm excited for him to go to school and make some friends. I think he's going to love it. After conference was over we went to Jeff and Vanessa's for dinner. Then the boys went to the priesthood session and Kolton and I stayed there so he could play with his cousins. While we were there Kolton asked if he could stay the night. He's asked to stay the night there before and then when its time to go, he decides he wants to come home with us, so I didn't think he'd actually stay but he did. We then went and picked him up the next morning around 9 or 10. We came home and got ready to watch conference. I decided to try the whole "get a treat when you hear a certain word" game. It worked pretty good for the first session. I picked some words that were too common, though. :) Like the word "Jesus" for example was said over and over and over. Especially in one of the first talks that morning. It was crazy! Only two of the words were candy and the other two I picked were crackers. For scriptures we had pretzels, for Jesus we had peanut butter M&Ms, for prayer we had fruity tootsie rolls, and for temples we had teddy grahams. Kolton enjoyed being able to run up there and get a treat when he'd hear a word.
He also played a conference bingo he got at church in Primary. If he got a bingo I was supposed to sign it and then he was supposed to bring it back the next week and he'd get a free ice cream coupon. I forgot to bring it to church the next week so he wasn't able to get a free ice cream but he had fun playing the bingo.
I really enjoyed conference. My favorite talk was from the Saturday afternoon session. It was Jeffrey R. Holland's talk. It really touched me as I listened to it.
We had a great weekend that weekend, as always. Life is just awesome sometimes!









No comments:
Post a Comment