The morning of the 7th, Brady and I went to go see The Hunger Games. We were supposed to go with the Foys but they went out of town that weekend and I really couldn't wait any longer :) so we went together Saturday morning/early afternoon. Kolton went over to his cousin's house to play while we were at the movie. He thought he was pretty cute, so we had to take a picture. :) While he was at Jeff and Vanessa's they went to Atwoods to buy some things and found out while they were there that there was an egg hunt so the boys got to hunt for eggs in hay. I heard they had a good time!
On the night of April 7th, the night before Easter, we decorated eggs. Kolton was so excited! I let him pick out the egg dye we bought and turns out it wasn't a dye, but it was a paint that your painted on to the egg. Cool concept but the eggs never really dried...they stayed sticky. But, he thought it was pretty fun to paint them.

He was meticulous about what color went where and how they looked. He did a really good job on his eggs!
This is the picture I have of them with the eggs. Haha.
Then I look normal but Kolton looks a little funny...
And then we did silly faces...
And finally, Kolton decided we should both do mad faces...
All of our finished eggs. So pretty!
Easter morning Kolton woke us up at about 7:30. We came out and he hunted for his eggs and basket. The Easter Bunny hid 15 eggs for him to find. He had fun running around finding them all. So fun to watch!
After he found them all we ate cinnamon rolls and watched a church movie. Then we got ready for church. I was teaching that Sunday and so I had a couple last minute preparations to do and then we headed out to church. I thought the primary kids were going to sing so I was excited to watch him, but they didn't end up singing. All well...maybe next year.
We went over to the Brammer's for dinner that evening. We tried to get a picture of the boys together in their Easter outfits. I don't know what Vanessa got on her camera, but I didn't have much luck. :) They were all too wiggly!
I love this picture. Makes me laugh!
On April 9th we had a home-study done with DHS. A worker came to our house and talked to us and gave us some information about adopting and fostering. We've been thinking a lot about becoming a foster to adopt home. Its definitely a big and hard decision to make and we are still thinking about it but have signed up for the classes you have to take in case we do decide to do it. We'd really like to just foster kids that we could adopt because I just don't think we could give the kids back after having them in our home and coming to love them, but we found out during our visit that if you don't take a child for more than 3 months than you are closed as a foster home and would have to start the process all over again to become certified again. What if we don't come across a child we can adopt in 3 months? I don't want to have to go through all the training and inspections again, but I don't think we are up for the emotional journey just fostering would take us through. So, we are trying to sort it all out and decide what is best for us.
Brady also had a doctor's appointment. He was able to go in and get two of the remaining three pins out of his finger and he no longer has to wear the splint. They tried to get the third pin out but it slipped back in to his finger and so the doctor couldn't get ahold of it. Brady's fingers were pretty stiff at first (especially his middle finger) but they gave him so exercises for him to do with is to get the movement back in it. Its improved a ton! Most of the swelling has gone down in his finger as well and his shoulder really isn't causing him much pain. Its been great. That third pin is now trying to come out the other side of his finger, so we're hoping it will poke out soon so he can get it taken out.
On Tuesday, the 10th, Kolton went to the dentist. I wasn't planning on taking him that day but Brittney texted me and said that Sterling's office had some openings and so we could take Kade and Kolton to go get their teeth cleaned. Kolton was pretty excited but a little nervous at the same time. He really had no idea what to expect.
He had some x-rays done and then got his teeth cleaned.
Whenever he was nervous he'd shake his little feet. It was cute.
Sterling came in to look at his teeth and that was Kolton's favorite part. He definitely felt more comfortable with Sterling in there than with the hygienist, who he didn't know.
Sterling totally hooked us up while we were there and Kolton had a good time. He ended up having 2 cavities that he'll need to get filled. I hope this is a fluke and he doesn't leave the dentist every time with a couple cavities. I'm also hoping Kolton will be willing to sit still enough for Sterling to fill them instead of having to take him to a pediatric dentist who will put him to sleep to fill his teeth. That's just crazy. He's been extremely vigilant about cleaning his teeth since going to the dentist. He sometimes won't eat because he doesn't want to get his teeth dirty. Then, when he finally eats, he has to brush, floss and use mouthwash again to get them "clean and shiny" again.
As we all know, Kolton is an only child. Thus, he is very used to being the center of attention...of a very camera happy mom. SO, he loves getting his picture taken. One day I was messing around with some stuff on my camera and Kolton asked if I'd take pictures of him. So, we went outside to our front yard and he posed himself on his own for the next few pictures. He's so dang cute! Even with food around his mouth. :)

He wanted one of him praying. He thought it would be "so cute."
Love his smile! :)

And, I just need to throw this one in here...Proof that he has moved from his belly button to his ear lobes. Where does he get these things?? I really have no idea, but he's obsessed with his ear lobes and even others sometimes...
His quirks make me laugh.
















3 comments:
They're singing on Mothers Day and Fathers Day. :)
His praying and ear lobe picture made me laugh! I bet he will do fine with the cavities...do they do gas? London had no clue about the shots or anything bc he was in lala happy land!
Kolton is such a handsome and sweet boy and we love him! And I love that he is obsessed with earlobes :0) It's cute!
Post a Comment