The Saturday after we got back from Utah, Kolton had his first soccer game. He was a little timid at first but after about the first quarter he had warmed up and was back to his normal soccer playing self. He's playing on a 4 year old team this spring. We had asked to be put on Kade's team when we signed up, but for some reason he wasn't. He was put up with the 4 year olds because I guess they had a lot of 3 year olds sign up so they put some of the kids that were supposed to be on the 3 year old team up with the 4 year olds. I called and asked to be switched to Kade's team. Then we found out that Kade's team had 11 or 12 kids on it. We went back and forth and had a hard time deciding what we should do. We really wanted Kolton to be able to play with Kade but with 12 kids on the team, he'd only be able to play for maybe a quarter of a game. In the end, we decided to put him back on the team he had originally been on, because they only had 6 kids on their team. Its been good for Kolton to play with kids who are a little older and have played soccer before. I know they are all really young, but it really does make a difference. The 4 year olds have a much better grasp on it than the 3 year olds did last fall. We've had a good time watching Kolton play and he's had a blast playing soccer again. Here's one of his 3 goals I think he scored that day. Brady has yet to be able to see a game because of his work schedule. He has every other Saturday off, but every other Saturday, Kolton hasn't had a game, so we've had pretty bad luck. Anyway, so I video tape them all so Brady can watch it after work.
A few days after we came home from Utah it was raining. I had planned on bathing Missie that morning. She had been spending a lot of time outside for the last week or so. We had Diesel over (a solid black male) to hopefully breed with her (we miss having puppies!) so she'd been outside with him quite a bit and was pretty dirty and stinky. He had gone home the day before so I wanted to wash her up. I decided to just do it in the rain. We were going to get wet anyway... :) Kolton put his swimsuit on as fast as he could and jumped on the trampoline while I bathed Missie in the rain. It was pretty fun, actually! 

Speaking of Missie and Diesel breeding...I think it was the day after we got home, Kolton was looking out the back window, watching Missie and Diesel. Diesel started to try and mount Missie and Kolton started freaking out. He started yelling and banging on the window. I was back in my room making my bed, so i came running out to see what was wrong and Kolton started telling me that Diesel was hurting Missie and I needed to go make him stop. I tried not to laugh as I looked out and saw what was happening and then explained to him that no, he wasn't hurting her...he was trying to make puppies. He gave me a weird look and asked "That's how they make puppies??" I told him yes and luckily, for me, that was good enough for him and he asked no more questions.
On the 20th of March, while Kade and Emery were over we made bunny masks. They looked so cute running around hopping like little bunnies. It was hard for me to get them to stay still so I could take a picture.
Like every little boy, Kolton LOVES to be outside. We have gone on so many walks and bike rides I can't even begin to remember them all. He loves, loves to ride his bike. I love the trail we have just right by our house at Little River Park. We park in the parking lot, he rides his bike around the trail a time or two, we stop by the park they have there for him to play at for a while and then he rides his bike back. We love it.
I watched Kade and Emery one night during youth. I took them outside to enjoy the nice weather and let them run around. They took turns jumping on the trampoline and playing basketball. Usually, Kade and Kolton would jump together instead of separately, and then Emery would have her turn.
I included this picture because it makes me laugh. Kolton's face and body position is just weird and then Kade looks like he is trying really hard not to land on Kolton. It makes me laugh every time I look at it.
Emery thought the trampoline was so cool! She kept letting herself free fall face first. She'd do it over and over and just smile each time. It was cute. She tried jumping some, but mostly walked around the trampoline and did the free falling thing.
They were FILTHY after playing outside, so I brought them in and gave them a bath and then had some quiet time of coloring. I love when they all sit down and color together.
Ahhh...Kolton and his sports. Can't get enough of them! He may be a little bit obsessed. :)
We went to the science museum with Brittney and her kids one morning. I want to say it was the 23rd of March. Kolton loves this place. We did all the usual things...kid play area, jungle gym, the gymnastic mats upstairs, and the trains. The kids had a great time!
Proof that still at 4 years old, he likes to play with his belly button. I would have never guessed, when he was a year and a half and started doing this, that it would become a habit for years. :)
We went to breakfast the morning of Saturday, the 24th. Brady had off work, so we headed to Jimmy's Egg. It was pretty good. Brady loved their omelet, and I'm a huge fan of breakfast food, so I loved it too! :)
We definitely have a back seat driver. He is always asking us to switch lanes and to go around a certain car. He even will prompt me to put my hands at 10 and 2. I like to just use one hand and hold the steering wheel at the bottom but that just isn't good enough for him and if he catches me, he'll request that I put my hands on "two sides" as he says. Sometimes I oblige, and others I don't, but it makes me smile that he even notices.












1 comment:
oh my gosh! that is so funny how disturbed kolton was about the doggies doing grown up stuff. LOL! but isn't that how parenting goes? you have to answer questions real quick without even preparation. oh goodness!
i'm so happy you got to spend time with your family! that is always the best! it's nice to get away and just have play days of fun!
Post a Comment