I took my nephew, Landon's, one year pictures. We had a good time taking them and trying to get him to look at the camera. :) He was very interested in what was around him, but we ended up getting quite a few of him actually looking in our direction. Haha.
Kolton wanted to take a picture with the balloons, so I snapped a couple of him with them too.
Here's a picture from Landon's photo shoot. So cute!
My dad came in to town for work right before my birthday so we went out to dinner and for ice cream while he was here. As always, we all had fun--especially Kolton. He also gave me a card and some money! Woot! I've already bought two pairs of shoes with it. :)
My birthday was on Saturday this year. Brady happened to have that Saturday off so that was cool! He made us all waffles for breakfast! Yum! That night we went to Bricktown to try and scalp some tickets to the play-off game that was that night. We had tried to buy some tickets that afternoon off of craigslist but everything was either sold or way out or our budget. So, we thought we might have more luck scalping. Well, after an hour and half (and about 20 minutes into the game) we still didn't have any luck. People were just selling them for too much so we went and picked up Kolton from the Foys and went home. When we got home, as I opened the front door, I heard water gushing. Walked in and the pipe that connects to the bottom of the toilet tank (from the wall) had broken its seal and water was coming out of that. So, I shut off the water and we started trying to clean it all up. We went to Walmart real quick and bought a shop vac and came home and started sucking up the water and airing it all out. We had all our fans on and were using towels and the shop-vac. We finally got as much of it cleaned up as we could and then were able to sit down (around 10:00) and eat dinner and watch the Thunder game. Luckily we won, so that brightened our moods a bit. :) Sunday morning Brady went to Lowes to buy some parts for the toilet so he could fix it. That's our only toilet so its not like it could have waited until Monday--we needed a toilet! ;) He fixed it and we haven't had a problem with it since. Monday we had a rep from a restoration company come and check out the damages. He used his tools to measure all the moisture throughout the house and then said he'd email the results. He did tell me while he was there that the carpet in the hall would have to be replaced but that was it. My mom and insurance agent had told me that they do it room by room, so if we were to make a claim, they would only pay for the carpet in the hallway and not in the other rooms. We have had our carpet for 6 years now--we couldn't just replace the carpet in the hall and leave everything else. So, we decided not to make a claim--since it wouldn't really benefit us, and started trying to figure out what to do. We didn't really want to spend the money to replace all the carpet (would have cost between $2500 and $3000) so we decided on doing laminate wood floors in the hall and living room. It ended up costing us almost $700. Definitely not something I wanted to do but its turning out really nice and was a lot cheaper. With the puppies selling right now, it couldn't have been a better time for this unexpected expense. Trying to find the silver lining here. :)
We've worked on the floors for 3 days now, I think, and are practically done. Grateful for those who have let us borrow their saws so we didn't have to go buy or rent those too! :)
Here's a picture of the floors. This makes them look lighter than they are, but you get the idea.
This is the only picture I have from my birthday and it was actually from the next day when we celebrated it over at Brady's parents house.
Kolton had his first t-ball game on June 4th. He was pretty excited! Here they are lined up at the beginning of the game reciting the oath.
Trying to hit the ball. I think each kid got to hit 3 times that game.
He played first base for one of the three innings they played. He looked so cute out there!
Vanessa and I went to go see one of Warren's $2.00 summer movies on Tuesday the 5th. Kolton had fun with his cousins.
We got a pass to Earlywine pool this year. I'm so glad we did! We've gone there several times already and Kolton loves it. Its great because he has such a good time, is spending time outside, and doesn't get bored for several hours! I love it!
He snapped this picture of himself with my phone one day when he was dressed up as a pirate. So cute! :)
I got these salon effects for my birthday and put them on last week. Pretty fun! I told my sister she needs to do them too! :)
One day we went to the pool when it was raining outside. It was pretty cold but Kolton still played! There was only 2 other families there. Haha.
Every morning, the second Kolton wakes up, he has to have his breakfast. For some reason, he eats it on the couch and watches a show. He's on a Curious George kick (for his morning show) and is loving his box of Reese's Puffs I just bought.
The puppies are 4 weeks old now. We took pictures of them on Sunday. They are so cute now!
The Thunder made it to the NBA Finals. We couldn't be more proud! We played our first game last night against the Miami Heat. We won 105-94. We were down by as much as 13 and were able to come back and took our first lead at the very end of the 3rd quarter. We are huge Thunder fans and I love it!
blog.jpg)
blog.jpg)








2 comments:
I haven't checked blogs in forever! It's so fun to see all your pictures and posts! The puppies are so cute! If only they would stay that little I might be willing to buy one :0) And Kolton is such a stud!
Your floors turned out wonderful. I have real hardwood floors that I'm trying to get Chris to pull up and put in the laminate wood flooring. The laminate is so much easier to take care of.
The puppies are too cute!
Post a Comment