Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Soccer has started!!

On Saturday, the 1st, we went out to dinner with some friends.  It was Liz Smith's birthday the next day so she invited us to go to dinner with them to Charleston's.  The Widdisons and the Stears came as well.  It was such a fun night! We had a great time and loved the food! We heard some hilarious stories too! After dinner we came home and watched the OU game.  It didn't start until 9:30 so we were up pretty late that night watching it.  We didn't play too well, but we did win, so that was good! It is fun that college football is back on again! OU was ranked number 4 at the beginning of the season.  

On Sunday we had a special meeting at 10:00 to have our ward boundaries realigned.  Pretty much everyone already knew what ward they were going to be in but it was good to go and hear it officially.  There was 3 wards before and there are still 3 wards now but the lines for the wards changed.  We are still in Moore 1st Ward and Bishop Widdison is still our bishop which we are really happy about! Our ward did change quite a bit and some of our good friends are in other wards but most of our friends are still in our ward, so that is good! 

Monday was Labor Day so Brady had the day off.  It was so great! We went shopping and got soccer stuff for Kolton and enjoyed our day.  For family home evening we learned about Enos and then we played UNO.  Kolton had never played UNO before but he did GREAT! He picked it up really quickly and we had so much fun! I think we played like 7 or 8 rounds.  It seriously was great! And it was cool that we got to play with Brady's UNO cards from Venezuela (even though they aren't different haha). 
 On Sunday we gave Kolton a new book to color in and draw in while we were at the long meeting at church.  He thinks it is pretty cool.  It has some pages that have stencils in them that you can trace to draw a car or plane or train or whatever.  There are quite a few.  Kolton loves to do those.  You can see on the paper above his book a train he traced. I got the book at Gordmans for $2.99 and it has been great! I love that I can get books cheap there!  
On Tuesday Kolton had his first soccer practice.  He was so excited for it that the second he woke up on Tuesday morning he wanted to wear his soccer cleats.   

Since school has started Kolton has loved coloring and drawing more.  Unfortunately for him I'm not so good at it.  :) At basketball, though, he had me draw different sport scenes and he'd copy them.  He did pretty good! 


On Wednesday morning I went and signed Kolton up for basketball with Brittney and Jill Himes so that he, Kade, and Andrew can all be on the same team.  It doesn't start until December but sign ups were going on now.  After that I went and got my hair done.  I hadn't had it done since March, so it was needed. :) I went straight from there to Kolton's school.  I swear I've been so busy lately! I feel more busy now that Kolton is in pre-k than I did before because now I have to plan my day around when I have to take him and pick him up and when I need to get what done.  Haha.  And I just have one kid! :) 

On Thursday I got an email from Kolton's teacher.  This is what she said: 
"Thank you for being a caring parent and so sweet! You have a very good son.  He is smart and sweet...He is an asset to my classroom and I am so happy to have him here!" I just can't help but be proud.  :) 

On Friday we went to the park with some friends.  We met Jill there and her kids and Brooklyn and her kids.  Then Brittney dropped off Kade and Emery so she could go to a doctor's appointment.  The kids all rode their bikes to the park and then they played and raced on their bikes.  They also made there way down to the pond and played around there for a while.  
(From left to right...Emery, Kolton, Kashton, Renee, Andrew, Lilly, Kade)
 
Saturday morning Brady didn't have to work so he went and played football in Norman with some friends.  He had a really great time.  He is so good at any sport he plays.  He played quarterback for part of it and did great! And when he wasn't quarterback he had some catches that were AMAZING! Kolton had fun running around and playing too.  Then, at noon, Kolton had his first soccer game of the season.  He was pretty excited! 
 His team played really well.  They are pretty aggressive too (some with their own teammates ha) and scored a lot.  Kolton ended up with 4 goals.  

Dylen, Madison and Grandma and Grandpa Brammer came to watch him play.  Its so fun to be going to soccer games again.  
Friday night we went to the Foys and watched the OU game.  It was ppv so we split the cost and watched it together.  We also got to eat tons of yummy food! Brittney (as always) fed us well! :) She made a couple of pizzas and some beenie weenies and two different desserts.  We brought 7 layer dip and watermelon.  It was good football food! :) 
Sunday Brady and I got new callings.  Brady is now the Sunday School teacher for the 16-17 year olds and I am the first counselor in the Primary presidency.  It will be fun to do something different! Brady ended up having to teach all the youth ages 12-18 on Sunday because they didn't have any other teachers but it went well for him.  He's such a good teacher.  I could learn so much from him! I started thinking about that earlier this week and so I asked him if he'd want to study Preach My Gospel with me.  I'm so excited to do it together.  It will be great for us to do it with each other. 
On Monday Kolton got to go get donuts with Grandpa Brammer.  I had a doctor's appointment so they watched him for me.  When I went to go pick him up he was gone with Grandpa getting a donut.  He actually came home with two donuts and a chocolate milk.  

On Tuesday after I dropped Kolton off at school I went out to lunch with my friend Jill.  She had texted me on Sunday asking if I could do something that afternoon because Mark, her husband, had the day off and was going to take her kids for a few hours so she could have some time kidless (she has 4 kids 4 years od and under).  At first she asked if I could play racquetball or tennis.  When I told Brady that she asked that he actually laughed.  He said I needed to make sure she knew that if it involved a ball then the answer was no.  Haha.  Brady and I joke all the time at how I am so not coordinated.  My siblings are, my son is...but I am not.  Totally skipped me.  Anyway, when I explained that to her we decided lunch would be better so we went to Chuy's.  I had never been there so I was excited to try it.  We went to lunch, walked around the mall, and then went back to her house and chatted some more before I had to go pick Kolton up from school.  It was a good time.  When I got home I found a biscuit sitting on the counter.  Since I was out at lunch Brady also got himself some chicken and with his chicken came a biscuit.  I love to eat biscuits with strawberry jam! Brady was so sweet to save it for me and leave it there for me to eat.  He is just so sweet to me.  I love it. 

I love the time with Kolton right after school.  He is so excited to tell me all about his day and what he did and what songs he sang and what he learned.  Its great.  Our routine is to come home, put his shoes and backpack away, eat a snack while telling me about his day, read a couple of books and then he takes a nap. I am so glad that I am able to be home when he comes home from school otherwise I'd miss that all.  

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers