I went to go get a physical for our insurance. If Brady and I both get a physical then our insurance is $100 cheaper a month for 5 months next year so we thought we better take advantage of that. I wasn't a huge fan of the doctor or the office. It was old. Like extremely old! Not just the building but everything in it. And the doctor talked to me like I was a little kid (like when he looked in my ears he told me there was a crocodile in there...) so it was just awkward. Bentley loved playing there on the stool though and had a great time. It was really fast too so that was nice!
Wednesday after school Brady took Kolton to his basketball practice and I headed to the airport to get my mom and Cambrea who were coming to visit for a few days. We met Brady and Kolton at practice so they got to watch him for part of his practice so that was fun. We then came home and Shawn and Mckenzie met us there and my mom gave the boys some games she got for them and a stuffed Clifford dog (which has become Bentley's new best friend). She also gave us some things from when her and dad went to Mt. Rushmore (a talking stick, a leaf ornament dipped in gold to remind us of Lillian, and some coal).
We took Kolton out to lunch the next day to Chick Fil A. I felt so bad because as we were getting in the car I get a phone call and it is Kolton. He says "Mom? Are you coming to lunch with me?" I got the times mixed up and thought his lunch started at 12 but that is when recess started. So we picked him up real quick and took him with us to the restaurant instead of bringing it to him.
We then stopped at Walmart after taking him back to school to pick up a few things for Mom and Cambrea and Bentley saw these light sabers and so my mom bought a couple for the boys to play with. They love them!
Thursday night was Kolton's soccer practice and it was a cold one! We were freezing!!
Friday there wasn't any school so we went to the science museum and it was PACKED! The kids had fun and Kolton actually tried the bed of nails. I love the look of terror and excitement as he's laying on it. We stayed for like an hour and a half and then called it quits since it was so busy.
That night in Washington my cousin's family was putting on a taco fundraiser dinner for my cousin who has cancer (JD) so we had our own taco dinner here in Oklahoma since we couldn't be there for it. It was delicious! Shawn and Mckenzie came over as well to eat with us.
Saturday Kolton had a soccer game and I think he ended up scoring 6 goals that game! It was insane and definitely a fun one for my mom and sister to be at!
We went to Olive Garden afterwards as a family with Shawn and Mckenzie as well. Our waitress was kind of MIA and it took forever but it was fun! The kids were good so that helped! Kolton decorated Bentley with an insane amount of stickers and that occupied them for a while. :)
That night we got pumpkins and carved them.
From left to right it is Shawn's, Kolton's, and Cam's.
We had stake conference on Sunday so we went to that and then came home and relaxed for a little bit before we had to take them to the airport to go home. Everyone was so sad to see them go! It was such a fun trip with lots of memories made! I love that the boys get to see my family so often even though we don't live in the same state.






























No comments:
Post a Comment