Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I turned 23!!!!

Well, last week...
I had an awesome birthday!!!
Brittney took me to Penn Square Mall and bought me 3 shirts and my favorite scent of lotion from Bath & Body Works! They used to sell Exotic Coconut but when they switched over to their new look, they stopped selling it in stores. When I went out to Utah one time, on the way back I had my lotion in my bag and the security people took it from me! I was so sad! Bath & Body brought it back, though, for their semi-annual sale! Yay! Now I have my lotion back!! ;)
On the way back, both boys fell asleep! They were so sleepy!

Brittney also took me to The Cheesecake Factory! It was SO good! I've never been there, but I am definitely going to have to go again! The cheesecake was VERY yummy and I love cheesecake anyway!
They were so nice there! When we showed up, they brought Kolton and Kade their own plates with bananas slices and bread for them to eat while we waited for the food! I've never had a restaurant bring food specifically for my child while waiting. That was nice!
This picture however (which I stole from Brittney) is of Kolton eating the whipped topping that came with the cheesecake.
Our group photo. Why is it that when you ask someone to take a picture something is wrong with them always? Either its blurry or no centered or of someone else...This was our 3rd or 4th picture we asked her to take because they weren't turning out. We settled on this one! :)
Kolton and I on my birthday. He was a really good boy that day! It was nice! He had a runny nose (that he still has and has had for several weeks now), but that was it!

When we got home we all took naps. I transferred Kolton from the car to his crib and then Brady was there to meet me and we took a nap on the couch. We woke up at about 3:00 or so and just hung around for a while. At about 4:15 we left. My birthday date with Brady was supposed to be a surprise so he had me close my eyes as we drove. I had asked Brady if he even had a babysitter and he told me to not worry about it, so I figured we were taking Kolton with us. Well, we showed up at Brady's parents house and they watched Kolton for us while we went out to eat. That was a surprise! We went to Saltgrass for dinner! I had 2 very awesome meals in one day! After Saltgrass we went to Ross so I could just look around. My parents had sent me money for my birthday and I wanted to spend it! :) I left with 2 dresses and still half the money I came in with! :) We then headed over to Barnes and Noble. I love to look around in that store, but for obvious reasons, don't get to do it very much now that we have Kolton. Now was a perfect opportunity. I left that store with one book that I bought at a discounted rate of $6! Awesome! Well, after 3 hours we decided we should go get Kolton. They were at a park so we went and picked him up, brought him home and put him to bed (after feeding him dinner because he wouldn't eat at the Brammer's). Afterwards, Brady turned on music and we danced! It was so sweet! If you know my husband, you know that that makes him uncomfortable but he did it for me! It was great! I had a wonderful birthday and am now happy to be 23!



On a rather sad note, our Great Dane, Roxy, had 14 puppies starting on Friday, ending on Sunday (a very long labor). Normally that would be exciting news, however, they were 10 days early and when you are only pregnant for 63 days, that is a huge deal! More than half of them were stillborn and the other few that were alive just couldn't really breathe, maintain their body temperature, or nurse. The biggest problem was the breathing. Their longs were not developed nearly as they should be. Needless to say, Roxy is confused wondering where all her puppies are, we are sad, and a little worried for our future finances...

3 comments:

boys in the hood said...

What a fun birthday! You went to 2 of our favorite restuarants...so yummy! What a great husband and best friend you have to spoil you!
Sorry to hear about the puppies :(

Nessa said...

So sorry for your puppies...this too will pass, just hang in there! It always works out. I feel bad for Roxy poor thing :(

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

Happy Birthday! sounds like you had fun. Sorry to hear about your puppies....that's really sad.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers