Monday, June 22, 2009

A Mess

This week was full of fun and messes! It seems like Kolton changed a lot this week!

We got a portable DVD player before our trip out to Utah for Spring Break hoping it would entertain Kolton some on the long drive there and back. He used it a couple of times, but was just too young to really appreciate movies. He saw it in my bedroom last week and the past couple of days asks all day long to watch a "moomoo." He loves that thing! His favorite movie to watch is Baby Einstein's Baby MacDonald. He loves animals!



Brittney and Sterling watched Kolton for us while we went to the temple on Wednesday night. The boys decided it would be a good idea to pull out every single lid and scatter them on the kitchen floor (mess #1). How funny! These two kids are going to be trouble when they grow up! ;)

The next day, I was cleaning out the refrigerator to make room for some new groceries I had bought. I am so horrible at keeping the refrigerator clean. I really need to be better at it. Kolton really isn't allowed to play in the fridge, but since I had it open for so long, he thought it would be fun to take out all the condiments and place them on the floor (mess #2). Being the drama king he is, he huffed and puffed with every one he carried (especially while putting them back in the refrigerator). Brady says he gets that from me...I don't know what he's talking about. ;) It really is funny, though. Kolton acts like things are SO heavy and he is working SO hard when all he's carrying is a half empty container of salad dressing.

I have been really struggling trying to find something Kolton can wear in the pool that will help him keep his mouth out of the water. Most of the problem is that he hasn't learned to hold his head up, but I feel like I can't find anything that helps. We bought this suit last summer when we went out to Utah, so I decided to try it this week when we went swimming at the Foy's pool. He didn't care for it too much and it didn't work very well. I try and leave him long enough with is mouth under water for him to hopefully learn to lift it out but not too long that he drowns (obviously) but he just can't get it. I'm really hoping by the end of the summer he will figure it out.

I just thought he looked really funny in it!

Friday Brady and Kolton threw toilet paper all around the living room (mess #3). Kolton had a blast! He really thought it was THE coolest thing! And then of course he loved to help clean it up! He loves to put anything in the garbage. This last weekend we were at the Foys for dinner and he was eating some yogurt puffs. I wasn't paying much attention to what he was doing, but he went and put the wrapping in the garbage on his own and came back to me all excited and clapping his hands saying "babage, babage." I didn't understand him at first but quickly caught on. He was so proud of himself for doing it on his own. Kids are so funny to me!


We bought rock pops for Kolton to throw outside since he LOVES to throw things. He thought it was pretty fun, especially the few times he actually made them pop. (And yes, he had eaten powdered donuts before this activity was done, hence the powdered face!)

Then later he played in the sink water while I cut up watermelon (mess #4). He was SOAKING wet when he was done. Playing in the water (any water) is probably his favorite thing to do!

For dessert on Saturday at the Foys (yes, we do everything with the Foys! :)) I made this dessert my mom taught me. I think it is called Chocolate Delight (I know, that tells you a lot about it, but it is so yummy!). I let Kolton eat some of the cool whip that was left on the sides of the cool whip container. He thought it was SO good! I'm actually really surprised he enjoyed it because normally he doesn't like to get things on his hands, but I guess it was good enough to keep going!



We also celebrated Father's Day! We didn't get to go to church or anything, though, because Kolton has pink eye. On Thursday I noticed his eyes were watery, but his nose was runny too so I thought he was having allergies. Our doctor told us we could give him children's Zyrtec so on Saturday morning we went and bought some because it wasn't going away. Saturday evening we were eating dinner at the Foys with the missionaries and they asked if he had pink eye. I said no, he has allergies. I never thought that he might have pink eye. After we left we went to the store and I noticed they were getting more and more red and really watery. So we took him in and sure enough he has viral pink eye. Which, unfortunately means that medicine can't make it go away it can just make it more comfortable for him and he is contagious until it goes away which can be up to 7-10 days. We are hoping it goes faster than that!

With how many pictures I take, you would think I would have a better picture of Brady and Kolton on Father's Day, but this is all I have--the two of them watching a movie (of course!) while I finish up dinner and make the dessert.

To show you Kolton's excitement with the whole tping experience:


I am so glad we were able to celebrate Father's Day and pamper Brady and let him know how much he means to our family! He is such a great Dad for Kolton! Kolton loves to play with Brady. It doesn't matter if Kolton is happy or sad, the second Brady lays down on the floor, Kolton gets all giddy and runs over to play with him. I love to see them together!
Brady and I are also lucky to both have such awesome dads! They have really meant a lot to us and have been great examples to the both of us! We are so blessed!

4 comments:

Scrappy said...

Oh my gosh! That looks like so much fun. You know I am going to have to TP our living room now with my boys. Maybe on the next rainy day... not that there will be one of those anytime soon.
I love all of the pictures. Kolton is getting so big. He is looking so old in these pictures! What a cutie!

The Foys said...

Oh fun post! You had a lot of messes it looks like, however they looked like fun kinds of messes :0) And I love the video of Kolton screaming when you are toilet papering the living room!! I wish I could have seen that! We may have to reenact that when Kade is a little older!

Nessa said...

What a funny guy! TP sounds like a great idea! He is growing up sooo much, it's so weird to see. The next time we see him he is going to be so diffrent!!! We are going to try to come for Thanksgiving, if not then it wont be until April. But anyway, he is such a big boy now!

Mindy Jo said...

you're such cool parents! i've never heard of someone t.p'ing their living room! you're awesome! kolton is adorable!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers