Saturday, August 15, 2009

Utah Trip, Part 2 (the wedding)

Derek and Lizzie were sealed in the Salt Lake City Temple. It was an amazing ceremony. Brady and I really like the sealer they had, and turns out he was my Uncle Ben's mission president, so that was kind of cool. He had some really nice advice to give and reminded us all of things we can do in our marriages to strengthen them.

We waited outside the temple for probably 15-20 minutes for Derek and Lizzie to come out. My siblings had watched Kolton again that morning and met us up at the temple when it was time for us to come out. Those that were at the sealing included, myself and Brady, my parents, Lizzie's parents, my Grandma and Grandpa Ames, my mom's sister, Rulene, my mom's brother, Ben (who surprised Derek the morning of the wedding), my aunt Kim and uncle Raleigh Ames, my aunt Sonja and uncle Jeremy Ames, Derek's old boss, Andy and his wife, Derek's friend, Nathan, who came from Oklahoma, and a few aunts and uncles of Lizzie's (I know this is embarrassing, but I can't remember their names).


Yes, Kolton is wearing the same outfit he wore to Jaycee and Adam's wedding, but it matched and is super cute so we thought it would be perfect for Derek's wedding too! Here he is with his Grandma Moffett while we waited for Derek and Lizzie to come out of the temple.

This is my brother Tyler, who is 16 (in the background you can see my Uncle Ben and cousin Kyle who surprised Derek at the wedding).
Although the temperature was awesome (like 70) it was getting pretty hot with the sun beating on you so Brady and T went and sat under some of the trees. I don't know what kind of trees those are but they create some serious shade! They are so dense, I couldn't believe it!

Here they are! The newest Mr. and Mrs. Moffett! They looked so cute!

And they sure did love kissing for the camera (as most newlyweds do I suppose!).

This was the first time my brother was seeing Kyle, our cousin who flew in from Washington to surprise Derek. It was so neat that him and his Dad were able to do that and be there for Derek's wedding.

There were lots of pictures to be taken, so Brady and Kolton sat on a bench waiting in between pictures they were needed in. They are both so handsome I can hardly stand it!

This is a picture of the bridesmaids and groomsmen with the bride and groom. My sister, Cambrea is on the far left and my brothers, Shawn and Tyler are on the bottom row on the right.

With the parents.





Me with my cousin Kyle and Uncle Ben at the temple. I have such a fun family!

And finally, Kolton with his Grandpa Moffett walking around the temple grounds to the next picture location.
I wish I had a group shot of everyone there at the temple, but I guess I'm just going to have to get that from someone some other time.

1 comment:

Mindy Jo said...

kolton looks just like his papa! the newlyweds look so super happy!!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers