Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Butter Face

Kolton loves to eat bread and butter with dinner. Usually we have rolls and we'll break it in half and put a little butter on it and he'll lick the butter off and then eat the roll. Sounds yummy, I know. ;) On Sunday, though, we had a Rhode's loaf of bread with dinner. He of course wanted butter on it and in the process of licking it all off got a little dirty and ended up looking a little something like this:
He also wouldn't call it bread. When we eat bread with dinner its called a roll--that's it. A roll. No room for discussion. Its not bread--its a roll. If he eats bread for a snack or at lunch or breakfast its bread, but at dinner its a roll. :)

Yesterday he was obsessed with stacking his trucks. He got three new big trucks for his birthday/Christmas and he loves them! There were several times when the trucks would fall, but he kept working at it and got them to stay stacked several times too! It was actually a little hard because they aren't flat on top so you'd have to position them just right.


Look how proud he is! ;) When they'd fall he'd say "Ooots! Try again!" Makes me laugh! I would correct him and say "oops" but he'd just go right back to saying "ooots." That's OK with me, though! Lately he's been losing a lot of his baby words! He no longer says kah for drink--now its dink. Not perfect, but much closer to the actual word! There are a couple others that he's changed in just the last week or two. Its crazy!
I ordered my 2008 blog book the other day and am so excited to get it! It only took me FOREVER to actually finish it! I've already started on 2009, though, so I should get that one done much sooner!
Today, I also bought tickets for Kolton and I to head out to Utah February 18-25 to see my brother off for his mission. It stinks Kolton is 2 now and has to have a ticket but luckily I have generous parents! ;) I am so excited and Brady is so jealous. I wish he could go but with school and work its hard. Anyway, I'm excited! We really are lucky to see my family as much as we do.

2 comments:

Nessa said...

Ilove how you said he says OOOTS! and not OOPS....so cute!

daegan said...

oh my heck! that last picture of him is adorable! i love that cheese! man, you are sure a nice mom to let him stack trucks by the tv. ;)
and isn't it a joke you have to pay for tickets for 2 year olds? just wait, it gets worse when you get more kids!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers