Thursday, January 28, 2010

Play, Play, Play

Kolton has been able to play with a lot of friends this week! I think every day this week he has either gone to someone's house or had someone come over here to play! He's gotten to the point now where he almost expects to have someone come over so he can have someone to play with. It makes me laugh!
We went to playgroup this week up in Edmond ON Tucker's birthday! Kolton had a lot of fun until it was time for Tucker to open his presents and then he had a few meltdowns...Tell me if I'm wrong and crazy for making my child do this, but I wouldn't let him touch Tucker's presents after he opened each one. He especially wanted the one we bought for him, well, because, he picked it out! He just didn't understand why I wouldn't let him touch them...He needs to go to more birthday parties I guess. ;)
He absolutely adored Brigham! Oh my goodness! He saw Brittney holding him and walked right over and tried to get on her lap so he could hug and kiss on him. He had to have his arm around him and would look at him with this sweet little face that was so endearing. I thought it was so precious! He even tried to take him from Brittney so he could hold him. :) (Side note, if you look very closely at Kolton's forehead right above his left eye you'll notice a huge goose egg. After only being there about 5 or so minutes he tripped and fell and whacked his head right into the door frame and got a ginormous bruise and bump! You can hardly see it now, but it looked BAD Tuesday.)
The boys had a balloon fight. It was great fun!

We watched Kade Tuesday night while Brittney and Sterling went to go see Avatar. At one point we put on a movie and they boys laid down and watched it together. I thought it was funny! They are the best of friends. Kolton loves to play basketball with Kade or "deede" as he says it. ;) Lucky for him Kade now recognizes that Kolton is trying to say "Kade" and responds to it now.

After playing on Wednesday afternoon for quite a while, I walk in to this. Making a huge disaster in your room apparently makes you very tired! I mean seriously, look at all those toys all over the place! Crazy kid!

This is the beginning of Ice Storm 2010. Hopefully we keep power! We haven't had any problems yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Stuff like this can be so much fun cause you just get to hang around inside the whole time, but when you have as many dogs as we do it can be super annoying too! ;)

3 comments:

The Foys said...

Oh I love that picture of Kade and Kolton watching the movie :0) And of Kolton sleeping on his bed! Oh, and thank you for watching Kade again! We had a great time at the movie!!

Gulbransen Family said...

I should have stayed and helped you clean up that mess on Wednesday. I am sure that Kashton made most of it. I hope that everything is going well, next time you should come to our house so we end up with the mess.

Michele said...

haha! How fun! I know another little boy who does the same thing to his room before falling asleep...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers