On the Saturday morning after my siblings left, Brady had to open and close the bank so he worked from 7:00-1:00. Kolton and I ran some errands to fill the time. We went and bought the rest of Kolton's school supplies and did some grocery shopping. I bought some gatorades for Brady and Kolton because there was a really good deal on them. Kolton decided he should label them all so everyone would know whose was whose.
After Brady got home from work we all napped and then we went to a good-bye get together for Jaycee and Adam. Kolton and Landon had become quite the pair this summer! Landon would follow Kolton around and just laugh and giggle at him. Kolton would sometimes slow down and tickle his cheeks or give him a hug. It was cute!
Kolton got to ride the go-kart a few times while we were there. He even got to steer it a few times around! He thought that was AWESOME!
Sunday marked the end of the Olympics. USA played in the gold game against Spain (in basketball) and we won. It got really close a few times, but we pulled it out in the end. It was just awesome that we (the Thunder) had 4 of our players out there playing for gold! (Ibaka played for Spain; Durant, Westbrook, and Harden played for USA) The USA rocked this Olympics and had the most of every medal. Here's what the final medal count looked like:
USA: 49 gold, 29 silver, 29 bronze (104 total)
China: 38 gold, 27 silver, 23 bronze (88 total)
Great Britain: 29 gold, 17 silver, 19 bronze (65 total)
So proud of the USA!
I was laying on the couch Sunday evening and Kolton totally just came and laid on me. I swear he doesn't even pay attention to where I am--he just makes himself comfortable! Crazy boy!
Monday morning I ran some errands. I was watching Kade and Emery while Brittney went to the doctor so they got to come with me! ;) I had to go to 2 banks and to Academy to return some shoes we bought Kolton (the first pair from tax free weekend). When I returned the shoes, I had to put my name and signature on the return receipt. When I was doing that I noticed that they were giving me money back for the tax, so I told her I didn't pay tax--that I had bought them on tax free weekend. The worker said to me that they can't take it off so don't worry about it. OK...? So, I made like $4.00 by returning his shoes. Haha. I should have bought more stuff that weekend! Just kidding...that would be weird, but I couldn't believe there was no way for her to take the tax off. All well. I did my part and told her.
Once Brittney was done at the doctor and I was done running my errands we went to the science museum together. Kolton was ecstatic! We were there for 4 hours and I swear the kids could have stayed for a few more! They were having so much fun!
We of course went to the trains...seriously Kolton's favorite part. He just races the trains back and forth. Haha.
This time Kolton decided to paint his face. He's never done it before but he loved it!
As you can see...he didn't want to stop. Haha. He kept going back and putting more and more on. :)
The boys are fascinated by this ball thing. I think Emery just watches it because the boys are but they love to sit and stare at it. They always want to see "one more ball go in the hole." Its hard to peel them away from this. Its weird to me. I think its boring. Haha.
We seriously had a lot of fun there, though!
Tuesday morning it was absolutely beautiful outside so I took Kolton on a walk. Well I walked and he rode his bike.
We walked over to the "yellow park" as he calls it that is in our neighborhood. All it has is one slide and a few swings but he still likes it.
We also took Xara to Brady's work that afternoon. Some of the ladies that work there wanted to see her so we took her through the drive-thru for them to see.
Tuesday night was back to school night! So exciting! We had to wake him up from his nap to take him there. When he woke up he did not want to go. He said he didn't want to go to school! I told him he had to go to back to school night so we could take all his school supplies. He got a little more excited as he looked through his supplies one last time but overall he wasn't too excited (even though it looks like it in these pictures since I made him smile).
Once we got in his classroom and he saw how cool it was he did not want to leave! He was SO super excited to go to school and loved his teacher, Mrs. Holleyman (she's a girl, though, not a boy...even though it says "man" in her name haha). He seriously looks SO adorable at his place at the table! I can't believe he's in pre-k!
After back to school night we headed to Ghengis Grill. We had a coupon for buy one bowl, get one half off. Then when we got there they told us kids eat free on Tuesday so we all ate for $15 which is a really good deal! And it had been MONTHS since I'd been and I love that place! So glad we were able to go!
Wednesday night, the night before school started, Brady gave Kolton a blessing. At first Kolton was confused because he's only received blessings when he's been sick so he didn't understand. But after it was done he told Brady he wanted another one! :) It was cute! So glad he has a dad that can give him a blessing and make him feel so good that he wanted another one!
My dad came over that night too and played with Kolton. Kolton loves being able to play with Grandpa. Its so awesome he gets to come out every few months so that we get to see him!
We had such a good summer! So many fun times! We were excited for school to start, though! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment