I really meant to do this post before my family came but I never ended up sitting down and doing it. I have so much to catch up on in this post, so it might be a little all over the place.
On Saturday, the 28th of July, Kolton and I went to Walmart and bought some of his school supplies while Brady was at work. He was so excited to be able to buy some of the fun things he needed for school! That afternoon after Brady got off work, we went to a birthday lunch for Jeff at his house. Kolton enjoyed himself for the most part...until uncle Jeff thought it would be funny to throw a kooshball type toy at Kolton and Kolton freaked out! He is seriously terrified of those things and really screamed the most terrified scream you've ever heard and then started crying. His face was too funny! Everyone laughed but him. :(
After the party we went to the Bittle's pool and swam with Shana and Kit and their family. We had a great time hanging out with them and really do miss them! Kolton practiced swimming without his floaties for part of it and then also had fun jumping off the diving board. He even did a flip off of it a couple of times and then also did some twists. He's quite the trick master. :)
For some reason, Kolton has a bag full of golf balls. He called me in his room one morning to show me what he made with them. If you can't tell its a person with just a head and legs.
Xara and Missy lay like this frequently. Poor Missy just can't catch a break. Xara is always there to cuddle with. :) She usually lays on top of Missy and then just slides down until she hits the ground. :) Missy tolerates it. Haha. They really do love to play with each other, though. Its great!
On Sunday, the 29th of July, Dylen gave his homecoming talk so we went to Norman 2nd Ward to listen to it. He ended up only talking for about 5 or 10 minutes but it ended up being a great talk. While Dylen was on his mission he emailed Brady a very nice email and told him that if it wasn't for Brady he wouldn't be on his mission. It meant so much to Brady. Well, Dylen also talked about that in his talk too. It was very touching for Brady to hear his brother say that again. He told the story of one Sunday when he was having a heart to heart with his parents. They had invited us over and had Brady go in and join their conversation. Dylen had decided in his mind that he didn't want to serve a mission and just wanted to go do his own thing. When Brady came in the room Brady expressed his feelings about it with Dylen and bore his testimony on the importance of serving a mission and what it would do for him personally. It touched Dylen so deeply that he then changed his mind and decided that what was best for him was to serve a mission. Brady always teases me for being emotional but that Sunday it was his turn to let it all out. ;) After church we had dinner and then we went to the Brammers for a fireside Dylen was doing. He showed pictures to the youth and told some stories from his mission and talked about missionary work. It was fun to hear all the stories and see the people he had taught.
On Monday Kolton and I went to the pool even though it was like 112 outside. It was so hot that that night his t-ball game was cancelled. That day, one of the ladies at Brady's work gave him a game to give to Kolton. So, we played that game, talked about temples, and ate ice cream for FHE. It was a fun night!
On Tuesday I watched the Foys for Brittney to go to the doctor. They played the game too and got the little balls everywhere. They loved the game! They didn't love picking up all the little balls!
Then, later that morning, Kolton and I went to the pool with Pierson and Vanessa. I thought I was going to die. Every time I stood up I swore I was going to faint. I was super exhausted and couldn't seem to really catch my breath. I seriously did nothing after I got home for the rest of the day. Thankfully the next day I pretty much felt normal again. It was just too hot to be outside as much as I was, I guess. I was just glad I wasn't getting sick!
Kolton has been using his imagination a lot more lately! When he plays he actually has little stories he makes up instead of just racing the cars or fighting the guys. :) I love it.
Oh my gosh...he is just so dang sweet!
This is a blanket that Kolton's great grandma made him. It's from Brady's dad's mom. He's been snuggling with it a lot lately.
Random blueberry muffin picture. :) My absolute favorite muffin!!
Wednesday, August 1st, Brady and I went to go see Batman with Shana and Kit. It was such a good movie! We had such a good time chatting with them before the movie. They crack me up. ;) Kolton got to go play with London and Pierson while we were at the movie and he had a great time too.
On Thursday I watched the Foys again. The kids were hilarious and were doing so many silly things! I decided to put pandora on and turn on the toddler radio station. They loved dancing to it and showing me all their cool moves. ;)
I took Kolton to the "big kid" story time one time this summer. He liked it much better than the baby story time. I like taking him to things like that where he can interact with other kids. He gets so bored at home with just his boring old mom. :) All I want to do is clean. Haha.
Kolton also participated in the summer reading program at the library. They didn't do it by books, but they had a chart that for every 10 minutes you read you put a sticker on the sheet. When you filled it you were done. We went to turn it in and they played music and announced his name on the intercom and had everyone clap for him.
He then got a certificate and a gold medal (which he was VERY proud of). He also got some coupons from different restaurants around town for free stuff. We had to go straight to Brady's work afterwards so he could show him his gold medal. :)
I am so glad we got a pass to Earlywine this summer! Kolton and I had such a fun time going swimming a couple times a week! It was something fun we could do that also kept us a little cool! He's such a great kid to be around! I just love him so much! One evening we needed to go to a store. Brady just dropped me off in front and I went in while he and Kolton stayed in the car. As I was getting out Kolton asked if he could come in too. I told him no and then he said "Two is always better than one!" I couldn't help but laugh. It was funny! :)
The United States has had some really bad wildfires this year. Oklahoma has been one of the states that has been hit. In early August, some 52,000 acres were burned and destroyed just in Oklahoma by wildfires. Over 100 homes and businesses were also destroyed. Mary Fallin, the Governor of Oklahoma, declared a state of emergency on July 30 due to the drought and wildfires. I don't have very good pictures, but here are a couple pictures of the smoke you could see in Moore from the wildfires that were in the Noble-ish area.
Oh the Olympics! So fun to watch!! I mainly only like to watch the USA. Its such a great feeling knowing our entire country is unified in one thing at the same time--we are all rooting for our country!
I took pictures of Michael Phelps after his final solo race he raced. This is supposed to be his final Olympics. Must be bittersweet for him. He is an amazing athlete, though! He has won the most Olympic medals out of anyone from anywhere! He ended up with 22 medals, with 18 of them being gold. Pretty impressive!
On Friday, August 3rd, I spent hours going through all our clothes and some of Kolton's toys to donate. I was feeling a bit claustrophobic in our house and needed to get rid of some stuff. I seriously ended up with a HUGE pile of stuff to pass on! I ended up taking some of it to Once Upon a Child to try and sell some of Kolton's things. They bought 3 things. 3! I couldn't believe it. AND, they bought the stuff that I think is dorky! I just don't understand. Whatever, though. I let Kolton have the $6 and he was in heaven! :) I then took some of mine and Brady's clothes to Daisy Exchange to see if they'd buy anything. They too only bought three things but they gave me more money than Once Upon a Child. I think took the rest to Goodwill. As I was bringing it in the guy kept asking, with every trip, "there's more?!" Haha. Yes, I had a ton of stuff! :) I still have more work to do, though! I don't know how or where we get all this stuff. Haha.
That night Jaycee was throwing Adam a surprise birthday party so we went over there. We had dessert and stayed for an hour or two and then headed home to get the house ready for my siblings to come the next day! We were SO excited!







blog.jpg)
blog.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment