Saturday, August 18, 2012

Shawn and Cam came to visit Pt. 1

My brother Shawn and sister Cambrea came to visit us from Saturday, August 4 until Friday, August 10th.  It was such a fun week! 
We picked them up at the airport at 12:57.  We went right to Schlotzsky's on the way home to get some lunch.  They have such good sandwiches! I love it! The owner was busy, though, so we didn't get any free food this time.  Bummer.  It was still delicious! :) 
After that we went home and put away their stuff and relaxed for a little bit.  We then left to go buy Kolton some school clothes and shoes since it was tax free weekend.  We bought him a few shirts at JCPenny (where I didn't spend more than $4 on a shirt! Awesome!).  We then also went to Academy and bought him some shoes.  
He loved having people in the back seat to ride with him and loved on them constantly! 

When I'm in the car I listen to the radio.  I almost never listen to kid songs so Kolton knows a lot of songs that are on the radio.  Brady was showing a youtube video of a popular song that someone did themselves and Kolton started singing along.  Its so funny! 
 We got chinese food for dinner and sat around and watched the Olympics.  
Sunday was relaxing.  Kolton could NOT wait for them to wake up.  Finally at like 10:30 I let him "check" on Shawn and he ended up waking him up.  He then woke up Cambrea too.  Kolton wanted to show Shawn and Cam how good he was at kinect, so they played all the kinect games that morning.  :) 

Sunday was also our anniversary! 7 years! I can't believe it! We aren't newlyweds anymore! Oh how we've changed! And how our lives have changed! Just last week I was talking to a friend and she said they had been married for 8 years and I thought to myself "Man, that is a long time!" and then I quickly realized that I'm just one year behind that! I still think of myself as a newlywed.  It's so crazy that we're not anymore! We just love being married to each other! We love all the time we get to spend together! I still follow Brady around the house wherever he goes! Its so fun being married! 
We went to church in Norman so Cam could go to class with Madison and so they could see people from when they lived here.  We grew up in Norman 2nd ward so there are a lot of people there they know.  I think they had a good time catching up with people they knew! 
On Monday we went to breakfast at Jimmy's Egg.  We wanted to fill up because we weren't going to buy food at Whitewater--just bring snacks.  We went from there to Whitewater.  We got there before they opened so we could get in line to hopefully get some chairs in the shade. After the let us in the park, then we stood at the rope and waited for them to take that down.  While we were waiting there we put on our sunscreen and Kolton laid on the ground.  Haha.  He told us that this was the most boring place.  They let us in a few minutes later and we went and grabbed 5 chairs in the shade right by the wave pool.  It was perfect.  We went and got in line for the Big Kahuna first since that line gets long fast.  It was already pretty long when we got there.  Kolton LOVED that ride! We then headed over to the big tube slides.  Kolton went down the blue tube slide.  Brady went before him so he could be at the bottom when he came down and then I went after him.  I guess on the first turn in the slide Kolton fell off his tube and landed on his stomach with the tube on top of him and rode down the entire slide like that.  He was pretty shaken up after that and didn't want to go down any more slides.  We had to do some convincing and a little forcing to get him to go down a really short blue slide and he ended up liking it.  I then went to take him on a little bit longer yellow tube slide.  As we waited in line he started getting more and more nervous.  He was pretty nervous and kept biting his fingers.  As I am writing this I feel bad, but at the time I didn't feel too bad for making him go down it.  I knew he'd like it and that he just needed to be pushed to go down it.  When it was his turn he wouldn't let go of the top of the slide so I pulled his hands off it and he went down the slide.  When he came out he said "That was the funnest slide ever! Let's go again!" He then was excited to ride the rest and did great for the rest of the day! We were there for 6 hours and he loved every minute of it.  We stopped every 1 1/2 to 2 hours to sit in the shade, eat a snack, and put on more sunscreen, but only for about 15-20 minutes or so and then we'd head back out.  It was just fun to see Kolton love it so much! And of course I loved all our conversations we had as we waited in line for all the slides.  :) 
I didn't bring a camera in because I didn't want any one person to always have to stay with our stuff and I didn't want to just leave it so we don't have any pictures while we are there.  I took these in the car afterwards, though.  
And of course a silly picture...
It was such a fun day! 
On our way home we stopped at our favorite pizza place and picked up a couple pizzas for our weekly Monday Pizza Night.  :) After we ate everyone passed out.  :) 
Cam then headed over to Madison's house to stay the night and go out to lunch the next day with Madison and Meredith Green.  
Tuesday morning Shawn, Kolton and I got ready and then we headed to Hobby Lobby to find something for us to paint.  
We ended up buying a package of little cars and trucks and planes you could paint and then went home and got to work.  Whenever Kolton is coloring, painting, or writing he moves his tongue back and forth on his bottom lip super fast.  Its funny to watch.  

Kolton painted the train.  
Shawn painted the airplane. 
And I painted this car...I am definitely not talented in the arts.  Haha.  
Here are all of our finished pieces.  Kolton pretty much painted all the rest.  Shawn started to paint the dump truck but then Kolton asked if he could finish it for him, so he did.  It was fun to paint them all and fun to do something new.  
After lunch we picked up Cambrea and then went to Andy Alligators.  Kolton LOVES Andy Alligators.  He played and played and played with Shawn and Cam.  


He wanted to do the game where you pick up a prize with a dinosaur mouth.  He picked up a toy dinosaur and was SO excited he got something! When he went to get it out there was two other prizes in there that someone I guess had left so he lucked out big time! :) 



Kolton ended up with like 90 something tickets.  He got three snakes and a tattoo.  
That night we went to go buy Brady some new work shoes.  His sole totally came off the bottom of the front half of his shoe.  :) We went to Shoe Carnival (Kolton's favorite store!) and ended up buy Kolton a pair of shoes as well.  He liked them, they were cheaper than the ones from Academy, and we got them half off by being the second pair we were buying so they ended up being way cheaper than the ones from Academy.  When we got home, there was a double rainbow right over our house.  You can barely see the other one in the picture, but it was above the one that is prominent.  
We watched some Olympics that night and we saw our old neighbor, Jordan Javtchev.  When I was growing up, we lived in Norman.  He is actually from Bulgaria but was living in Norman to train for the Olympics at Bart Conner's Gymnastics.  He lived right next to us and was super nice.  In 2004 he actually won the silver medal in the rings.  Anyway, he competed on the rings in this Olympics too--at age 39! 
His score didn't get him a medal, but it was still fun to watch him! 

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers