Conference weekend was enjoyable as always! Brady had to work Saturday morning but the kids and I were able to watch the session. Then, OU had their football game against TCU, which they lost. After that we headed to the park with some ladies from the ward while the guys ate dinner and went to the priesthood session. Jill brought her kids some pot pies and Bentley found one of them. He made quite a mess in just a few short minutes. :)
Sunday morning I decided I'd be adventurous (haha) and try and make cinnamon rolls by hand. Usually we just use the can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls (which I love by the way) but this time I wanted to try the "real" kind.
I was so so bummed! After almost two hours of work they did not turn out! They were too tall and so I couldn't get the bottom half of them to cook and then there wasn't nearly enough cinnamon and sugar mixture on there so all you really tasted was the dough. And then the icing was thin, which then when you put on hot cinnamon rolls made it even more thin! Haha. I was pretty disappointed. I'm not sure if I'll try and make them again or not. We really enjoyed watching conference as a family, though. Bentley's naps ended up working great and I was baby free for most of the first session on Sunday and about half of the second.
One afternoon Bentley found a binkie and he sat there in the living room for several minutes switching back and forth from binkie to binkie. While he had one in his mouth he would just sit there and stare at the other as if he couldn't figure out what was going on. It was too cute. I also loved that he had his feet crossed. :)
Friday night (the 10th) Brady explained to Kolton how texting worked so Kolton wanted to really try it out so he texted me. It was so cute to watch him when he'd send me one (because we were in the same room as each other) because he'd get all excited and anxious to get one back. Haha. He thought he was pretty funny with his last text..."You are not the boss of me. Get to bed." Haha. It sounds rude if you just read it but he was cracking up at himself as he typed it so I knew when I got it that it was a joke.
Friday morning Bentley was TIRED apparently. :) This was a first for him. Found him asleep at the end of my bed before we had left to take Kolton to school. Haha.
Friday afternoon I went in to Kolton's class to help out. His teacher needed to do some individual testing with the kids to get ready for report cards and so she asked if I would come and help the kids with an art project to keep them busy while she did that. It was so much fun! I loved it! It was so neat to see and get to know all the kids in Kolton's class. I can't wait to do it again. And Kolton is just so great in school! Even though I was there he still followed the rules. It was awesome.
That afternoon when they went to music class he got a gold star from the teacher for "being a good example." He was so proud of himself and I was proud of him too!
Saturday morning Kolton had a soccer game against the Thunder (the best team in the league besides them). Last season first and second place was determined by who beat who with this team. It was freezing cold that day and we ended up losing. It was a bummer! We lost 6 to 3. Kolton didn't make any goals but he had one that as he kicked the kid from the other team straight up pushed him in the back to the ground so that was a bummer. Then he had another try and the ball grazed the outside of the goalpost! So close! All well. You win some and you lose some.
That afternoon Brady and I worked on nailing some boards down in the attic so we could put some stuff up there and organize the attic. Our garage looks oh so clean now! :) We had to get it done this weekend before his surgery and he is out for the count.
That evening we headed to the store to buy a couple things for dinner on Sunday. Right as we walked in to the store I felt sick. The whole evening my stomach was just in a knot and hurt so bad. Brady and Kolton left around 9 to go buy me some ginger ale to see if that would help and while they were gone I finally threw up. I don't know how long it has been since I've thrown up (when not pregnant). It has been a very very long time! I ended up being sick the whole night and into Sunday. Brady took the boys to church and let me stay home and rest so that was nice. I still feel a little weak today but I showered and got dressed so things are looking much better! ;) Now we are just hoping no one else catches it!








No comments:
Post a Comment