Thursday afternoon, right after school, I had parent/teacher conference with Kolton's teacher. She went on and on about how much she just LOVED having Kolton in her class. She said he is the one who is written down in the sub folder as the kid to ask questions to and that she will put him in charge of the class when she has to step out. She said he is smart, sweet, obedient, and kind. She said she can always trust him to do the right thing. He is reading at a 1.2 to 2.2 reading level so he is right on track. He does amazing when we read the scriptures every morning! Sometimes I can't believe some of the words he figures out! It is quite impressive. It was great to hear from his teacher that he is doing so well. He is one of 5 kids that is allowed to take A.R. tests starting this week. She said the rest of the class will start doing those after Christmas break. Right after the conference Jaycee and Adam came over and Jaycee stayed with Brady and the kids while I went with Adam and bought a bunch of food storage. And I mean a BUNCH! Haha. We got some for us, Jaycee and Adam, and Brady's mom. She alone ordered 30 boxes of wheat! We ended up buying an entire pallet worth of wheat! It was pretty funny to see us loading that in to our cars!
After we loaded them in our cars then we had to go unload them. It took a long time and I was tired by the time we were done. :) Some friends came and picked Kolton up for soccer practice for us and then another friend brought him home. After we got home we ate pizza and watched Survivor. Bentley and Kolton had fun hanging out with Landon and Carter.
I was super excited that I had bought stuff for our shelves that I had finished putting together! Brady's dad came and helped set up the main part of the frame and then a row of shelves the weekend before and then I finished the rest. We have this one shelf reliance shelving system and then two utility shelf systems in our food storage room. I'm starting to fill it all up and it makes me so excited! It just feels so good knowing we will have food if/when we need it.
Before fall break Kolton made this ship for school that he was supposed to bring on Monday. You were supposed to use things around your house so we used a take-out box and a straw, tape, stickers, and construction paper. He did awesome and loved it! He named it "Captain Fearless."
Friday night Kolton convinced us to take him to the Thunder court. He had a blast! He ended up playing a pick up game with 3 other people. The youngest was 10 years old.
It was a fun Friday night! And of course, in true Brammer fashion, it was finished with dessert from DQ. :)















No comments:
Post a Comment