Kolton got ding-dong ditched by a friend (Jorge Fabela) who left him a bunch of treats and a toy. He thought that was so cool! He was nice enough to share some of the candy with Bentley that next afternoon.
Bentley is getting better and better at using my phone. Sometimes I find cute little selfies of him on there that really he didn't mean to take. Most of the time he's trying to take a picture of others but he has the camera in selfie mode and so he'll snap one of himself. Its cute. You can tell he's saying "cheese."
Brady's Grandma Brammer made a bunch of blankets and sent them back with Brady's dad when he went to go visit her to give to all her great grandkids. Such a neat thing for them to have from their great grandma.
I came around the corner one day and found Bentley in the house with his bike. Oh dear. Had to take a picture real quick because it was funny and cute but then I explained to him that it was not allowed. Haha.
Sonic has half priced burgers sometimes so on Monday night we decided to go pick some up since Brady was out of town. He flew out Sunday afternoon to go to California to do a one day on-boarding at the headquarters of his new job at Northrop Grumman. He was hired on as a Program Cost & Control Analyst for the software program for the B2 Bomber. He is really excited for his new job and the opportunities it gives him. He flew home late Monday night (like got home at midnight) and then went to his first day of work here in Oklahoma on Tuesday morning. They told him that he would feel like he was drowning and want to quit for about the first 6 months and then after that he'll start to get a grip on what he is doing but still won't understand everything for a year or year and a half. Kind of a sobering thought but he was grateful that they told him that so he didn't freak out when he felt that way.
I had to go up to work to have my computer worked on. Bentley fell asleep on the way there and stayed asleep the whole walk through the parking lot and up the stairs and to my desk. I put him on the chair and he stayed asleep the whole time I was there and then the whole walk out to the car. It was crazy. I was exhausted, though, carrying a sleeping baby and all his dead weight and then also the computer bag and my purse. I was happy to be done when I got there. It was precious though.
Bentley is actually really good at dribbling. I'm pretty impressed.
On the 21st of April (a Thursday) when I went to drain Bentley's bath water it wouldn't go down the drain. Also there was a bubbling noise coming from the toilet at the same time. Tried draino but that didn't work. So I called a plumber and he came out to snake our lines. When he did he found mud on the little tool that they use which means there is a break in the lines. We had the city come out to make sure it wasn't something with the main line and it wasn't (unfortunately). So Brady, his dad, and Adam started digging that evening to try and find where the break was. They dug a huge hole about 5 feet deep and couldn't find any lines so they started another hole and still couldn't find anything so we decided we needed to have a plumber come out with a camera so we could see what was going on and where the lines were. So the next morning a plumber came with his camera and looked in the hole and found where it was broken. He then left and said he'd be back to dig up the yard and fix it with a machine. Well he left and about an hour or so later called and said he'd be there the next morning. Now mind you all this time we can't use the bathroom or shower or anything so we have to go to friend's or family's houses or even the church any time we had to go to the bathroom so it wasn't fun. The next morning he doesn't show up. We can't get a response from him and we tried calling and texting him for hours. We end up calling another plumber and explain to him what is going on and he said we should talk to our builder because our plumbing lines shouldn't go bad after only 2 years of being in the house (that's what the plumber with the camera said too and he was going to give us a statement for us to use to try and get our builder to help pay for the repairs--$1,300). We also talked to some friends who had their plumbing go bad after 9 years of living in their house and they said that in Oklahoma the plumber/builder has to cover the plumbing for 10 years by law, regardless of what their warranty is and their builder had paid for their plumbing to get fixed. So, we had contacted our builder to let him know what was going on with our plumbing and to keep him posted. He then gave us the information for the plumber he had used for our plumbing. I contacted him and he gave me the information for the guy who he had subcontracted it out to. I contacted him and had him come out and look at it. When he looked at it he said he could come fix it the next morning. He then asked me "Do you want a quote?" and I told him no, that I was under the impression that this was going to be taken care of either by him or the plumber. He was ticked and got all mad at me and left and then called me a few minutes later and said he'd do it. Thank goodness.
This was so funny to me. I was rubbing Bentley's neck and he rolled over and then ended up falling asleep on my lap. It was too sweet.
Back to the plumbing, so they came on the morning of the 28th and tore up our backyard and found where the pipe had come disconnected at the riser from the main line. The owner was not happy to be there and was not nice to me at all and made sure I knew that he didn't want to be there and didn't think he should have to pay to fix this. It was uncomfortable but I'm glad I stuck to my guns and made them fix it. They replaced all that line and then put the dirt back and were gone. Haha. While it cost us $160 it could have cost us almost $1500 when it was all said and done so I am super grateful.
Middle of April I was called into the stake Young Women's presidency as the 1st counselor. We happened to have our first presidency meeting on the day of our plumbing getting fixed so we ended up having to have it at our house. Being in the stake overwhelms me and makes me a little sad. I feel like I don't have anything to offer these women who have been serving in their presidencies for longer than I ever did. It is definitely intimidating for sure. And then I miss the interaction with the young women of my ward. I just love those girls so much and want the absolute best for them so it makes me sad that I am no longer able to be with them every Sunday and Wednesday. But it has been an eye opening experience and learning opportunity for me and I am excited for what the future holds for me in this calling. It was kind of cool because I got set apart the Sunday of stake conference so I had a member of the 70 stand in on my setting apart so that was cool. His name was Elder Rein.





















No comments:
Post a Comment