Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Trip to Utah for Shawn's Wedding

Bentley was super excited to get on the airplane until we got to the airport.  Haha.  Then he was kind of anxious and not in a super good mood.  


Bentley and I sat next to each other and Kolton was across the aisle.  He loved that no one was sitting next to him so he was able to spread out on the plane.  Plus then he just didn't feel awkward sitting next to someone he didn't know.  Bentley was ok on the plane.  Could have been better but he wasn't too bad.  I was hoping he'd sleep but I had no such luck.  Haha.  






He did fall asleep on the way to my parent's house, though, from the airport! And then proceeded to have I think it was 5 poopy diapers that day.  It was crazy! 

The boys were spoiled and had a blast as usual.  

Everyone came over that afternoon and evening so it was fun to see everyone! 







Even Grandma and Grandpa Ames got into town that day and came over as well.  Grandpa entertained us all with his songs that he always sings and enjoyed sharing them with Mckenzie.  




Shawn did some faceswapping with the boys on Snapchat and they are creepy looking! 
It was such a fun day! The next day Bentley was exhausted.  He had stayed up super late the night before playing with everyone and then got up pretty early (especially considering the time he went to bed) and fell asleep on me at 10 in the morning.  
We ran some errands that day and went to the park with Lizzie and her kids.  It was beautiful outside and Bentley and Kolton had a blast playing. 

Shawn and I then took the boys to a jumping place with Lizzie and Derek.  Mom then met us there and then we went from there to Derek and Lizzie's house for dinner.  




Brady flew in that evening after work (Wednesday evening) so my dad and I went to the airport to go get him and then we brought him back to Derek and Lizzie's to hang out for a little bit longer.  Kolton was absolutely terrified there the whole time because they have a snake and a lizard thing and he was just terrified that they were going to get him.  He did end up touching the lizard and I was pretty proud of him for being brave and doing that.  
Thursday for lunch we met up with Dylen and Cheyanna at this mexican restaurant.  It was authentic, to say the least.  Haha.  But it was fun to see them and be able to catch up.  
We then went to the mall and did a little shopping for wedding clothes.  Brady wanted a new tie and Kolton wanted a new bowtie.  
Thursday evening was family picture time.  Our family got there first (with my parents and Cambrea) so the photographer started taking pictures of our family first.  Bentley was being amazingly cooperative and smiling so stinking cute! She took a ton of pictures of us as we were waiting for everyone else to get there.  My mom snapped this picture of us as the photographer was taking one as well.  I love it! I love almost all our pictures haha so I'll have to do a whole post on them.  :) Getting a good one of the whole family was a little hard because poor Chloe was not having it but we did end up with one where everyone looks pretty good! I'm so glad we were able to get the pictures taken, though, because we haven't all been together like that for about 5 years and who knows when it will happen again so it was good to be able to get that done this weekend.  

After family pictures we headed to my cousin's wedding reception.  It was Ben and Gina's on, Nathan, and his new wife Megan.  We ate dinner there and stayed for a little bit before heading home so we could get some good rest before Shawn's wedding the next day.  

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers