He says "please" and "no thank you" with ease. Always says "excuse me" when he burps. He is amazing at anything sports related. I just know he's going to be some pro athlete and support Brady and I. :) He can run fast, throw a spiral like no one's business, can shoot a hoop across the room--he's awesome! He says the cutest things like "see you tomorrow" every time he goes to bed whether its for a nap or at night. If he's ready to go to bed he'll bring you the Book of Mormon to read. He tells me all the time you have to wear a hat and gloves when its cold outside. He says "monomar" for granola bar. He loves cars, trucks, and trains! He sleeps in a "big boy bed" now. He's reached 36" tall and 28 lbs!
We had the party at the Foy's apartment complex's clubhouse. It was great! We decided to have a Disney "Cars" theme for his party. He loved it and even now when he talks about his party he talks about "Cars" and presents.
We did a pinata for the kids. The night before the party he helped me fill the pinata with candy. He was on top of the world. He was so excited to put sucker after sucker in there.
I bought this little booklet from Walmart that had a bunch of cut-outs of "Cars" things. I loved it. Each kid had their own place setting to eat lunch. They had car sandwiches, apple slices, banana slices and chips. Cheetos and Sun Chips were the favorites!

Kolton had 5 friends come to his party. Kashton Gulbransen, Kade Foy, Tucker Lambourne, Brigham Revell and Ross Sorensen.

I had planned for a long time to make Kolton's cake. I knew what I was going to do and everything. Well, unexpectedly, one of our danes had puppies that week and totally screwed up my plan of events. :) So, Brady finally convinced me to buy the cake (that is what he wanted to do all along). I'm still sad I didn't get to make it but am very happy that I didn't have to spend an entire day working on the cake. It reduced the stress levels a lot! That morning we went to go pick up the cake and they brought me a Transformers cake with Kolton's name spelled with a "C" instead of a "K". I kind of started getting nervous. This was an hour before the party and I didn't have any time for a new one to be made or anything. The lady went back to go look again and thankfully came out with our Cars cake with "Happy Birthday Kolton" written on it! Yay! Kolton loved the cake! He loved that it had cars on it and wanted to play with them immediately! When we were singing happy birthday to him he went to grab the candle so I screamed and grabbed his hand so when it was time for him to blow out the candles he was not interested. So, I had to help him. He loved eating it though! When he sees pictures from his birthday party he starts to sing his little toddler version of happy birthday. ;)

We forgot to find something for the kids to use to break the pinata so we asked the Foys to bring Kade's plastic bat. Not a single dent was put in that pinata by those boys! So, we enlisted the help of Kit Revell to break it open.

With a lot of prodding the kids gathered up quite a bit of candy. Most of them just wanted the suckers but us moms kept trying to get them to get the chocolate! :)

Opening presents was fun! All the kids wanted to get in on the action and help rip the paper and see what was inside. It was awesome! Kolton had a hard time letting go of one present to open the next one. He wanted to play with each on as he opened them. He got lots of cars and trucks, a bike, shirts, a train and a train table. I'm so glad we decided to give him the train and train table at his birthday party. The kids loved playing on it! It has been great too for him to play with in his room!
I am excited to celebrate his birthday this week with just Brady and I. Hopefully we can make it a special day for him! He brings so much joy to our lives! We are constantly cracking up at the things he says and I just know its going to get funnier and funnier!

4 comments:
So cute! Happy Birthday on Tuesday, Kolton!
Happy Happy birthday Kolton!!
Sorry Jen! That last comment was from me... I was just accidentally signed in as my sister-in-law and didn't know it!
This day was so much fun! I think Ross had a blast! I thought it turned out great! Thanks for inviting us!
Post a Comment