Friday, December 11, 2009

'Tis the Season

I absolutely love this time of year! Especially now that we have Kolton it makes it even more fun!
On Monday, the 7th, we set up the Christmas tree. The tree we have is pretty big so this year we decided to go and buy a small and cheap tree and use that so it wouldn't over-power our little living room. I'm glad we did that! It is big enough to serve its purpose and I still enjoy looking at it!
Kolton was excited to set it up. He had helped a little bit with my parent's tree while we were in Utah and so several times during the process he would mention that he did this with Grandma.
He set up probably 5 or 6 ornaments all on the same 2 branches. Kids are good at that! Brady went to go video tape Kolton putting an ornament on the tree but after over 2 minutes of trying, Kolton couldn't get an ornament on. I don't know what the deal was! He had just done several...maybe he has stage fright! :) He tells me in the morning when we walk out to the living room that I need to turn the lights on on the tree. I'm glad he enjoys it as much as I do!

You see those two icicle ornaments right next to each other? Yeah, he did that! ;)

Last night we went to go see Santa. We went to Bass Pro Shop again. I really like it there! They have it decorated all cute and Santa looks real and they give you a picture for free AND they let you take as many pictures you want with your own camera. Its great! I prepped Kolton for our visit with Santa all day, but when push came to shove, he wouldn't sit on his lap. We decided not to force him to do it so I held him while he talked to Santa. It made it very enjoyable for him. He told Santa hi and gave him a hi-five and took the candy from him. Santa was really nice and very understanding! (Kade sat on Santa's lap this year without crying!)

After visiting with Santa we walked around and played with the different things they had set up. Kolton had a blast! He absolutely loved the train and car track. He asked to go back to those two things several times!


We also stopped by the fish tank and watched the fish for a while. Kolton just wanted to go back to the cars and train. :)
Afterwards we went to go get some frozen yogurt at Orange Tree. It was a fun night! I'm glad we were able to go and Kolton had a fun time! Can you believe that Christmas is 2 weeks away? Crazy!

3 comments:

Gulbransen Family said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I wish that we could have been there.

Casey&Mal said...

SO cute! I love Christmas, too! I love how much the kids love the tree and ornaments!

The Foys said...

Jen I just have to tell you that you are looking so good!! And I love the pictures of you guys putting up your tree!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers