Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sarah's Wedding::Trip to Utah

Well, this actually starts with a few catch-up randomness...
Most of the time when Kolton gets his diaper changed, and EVERY time he gets a poopy diaper changed, he asks for powder on his pee-pee. He'll say "powder pee-pee" several times and very loudly! I don't know why but he loves that stuff. Sometimes he'll hold it while you are changing the diaper ready to give it to you when you are done. Well, this time it opened and he got a little messy. :)
Oh these two are just the best of friends! They hug and kiss on each other all the time and love to play with one another. It will be a big change for them when they no longer live 5 minutes away from each other! In fact the Foys babysat for us tonight so we could go to a Primary meeting. These two boys are with each other probably every other day!

Brady and I usually go to bed together, turn on the t.v. and I quickly fall asleep while he stays up to finish whatever sporting event he's watching. Before he goes to sleep he'll go and crack Kolton's bedroom door and check on him. This night he thought Kolton looked so sweet he grabbed the camera and decided to take a picture of him so I could see it--even if it meant waking him up with the flash! :) Well, it didn't wake him up and Brady got to run in to our room and wake me up to show me how cute our son is! I have such sweet boys! ;)



NOW for the Utah trip...
What a crazy Friday we all had! Brady had to take Kolton and I to the airport at 5:00 in the morning. Our first flight to Denver went well. Kolton slept for most of it which was very nice (especially since he needed it--I needed it!). We had a 30 minute layover and came in at gate A62 and had to get to gate A32, which if you know the Denver airport, gate A62 is in like the basement. So Kolton and I walked very fast to gate A32. When we got there the guy was announcing that we had been moved to gate A66--BACK where I came from. Now, I only had a little less than 15 minutes before my plane was supposed to take off. I was freaking out! Got back and there was a huge line in front of the gate and they were announcing that we had been bumped to a very small plane and more than half of us would not make it on the flight we were supposed to, which was even going to be delayed by over an hour anyway. I was nervous because Sarah's wedding was at 1:00 at the Draper temple. Anyway, after a long time of waiting, we finally left and got to Salt Lake at 11:30, I changed clothes in a gas station restroom and made it to the temple at 12:55 after getting lost on the way. I was afraid I was going to miss it but luckily they let us in despite our tardiness. It was great to be able to be there and see her marry her sweetheart!
My brothers and sister graciously offered to watch Kolton outside the temple during the wedding and for an hour or so after as well for us to take pictures. It was pretty cold up there--the wind was pretty strong!

Here's Sarah and Jacob coming out of the temple. She's so pretty! And I loved her dress!

I had to run up and say hi to her when she came out! We've had so many fun times together! She was the funnest friend I had in high school and definitely my best! She helped me a lot when Lillian past away with comforting words and talks and quotes from general authorities about life after death and eternal families. She's been a great example to me and I'm so glad we are friends!

Here's the group that was at the temple. Her dad, standing next to her, is the sweetest guy! Their whole family is just so nice!



After the picture taking there was a dinner at 4:30. My family had to leave at about 6:15 to go to see Savior of the World in Salt Lake at 7:30 that night. My aunt Sonja and two of her children, Sam and Elise, were in it and they had tickets for that night to see them. (I heard they did GREAT!)

My friend, Mallory, from high school (well really college--we didn't get along in high school :)) was there with her husband Casey and son Beck. It was nice to be able to catch up with her and meet Beck. He's almost one year younger than Kolton. Although, it was a little embarrassing to be seeing her for the first time in several years and Kolton and I be looking the way we were! :) Kolton was filthy from running around and laying on the floor and tired from being up since 4-something in the morning and I was tired too! We had fun though!

Every time we go visit my family, Kolton plays in the dog beds. He especially likes Lexi's. I have to take a picture every time! Hopefully we won't have a picture of him when he's 10 laying in her bed! ;)

Kolton got to play with Grandma a lot! While we were there he learned how to actually say "grandma" instead of "mawmaw."

On Saturday Cam and I went to go see New Moon. Neither of us had seen it so we went together. We loved it and I am so glad I was able to go with her! She's such a funny girl and it was great to spend some time together just us sisters! Kolton stayed with my parents and brothers and got to have a lot of fun himself! Grandma even bought him a big truck!

Yes, we are a goofy family! :) Shawn (on the left) gets his mission call tomorrow! I'm so excited to find out where he'll be going! I'll be sure to post about it tomorrow when I find out! He filled Cam and myself in on all his BYU girl drama! :)

Kolton had so much fun playing with the train set there! Everyone I think had a turn playing with him with it. Kolton and I stayed home from church on Sunday because I had a bad sore throat (which I unfortunately gave to Cam). That night Derek and Lizzie were able to come over for dinner and hang out with us. We also drew names for Christmas this year. I got Cambrea, Brady got Lizzie, and Kolton got Tyler.

Grandpa made cookies a few times while we were there. Kolton didn't complain about that! He loved sitting in his seat at the island and eating and playing.

On Tuesday we went to Derek's apartment to hang out with him for a little bit! Kolton had fun playing in the laundry basket, with their blinds, looking at their fish, playing with a Jazz teddy bear and basketball, and looking at their dog, Cookie. Derek is such a crack-up and really is a very thoughtful guy!

That night we also went to Shawn's dorm at BYU to give him a new charger for his computer. He had SEVERAL papers due that week and his charger wasn't working for his laptop so we had to bring him a new one--which come to find out it wasn't the charger but really the computer but we jerry-rigged it to work! ;) In his apartment/dorm thing one of his roommates has a "life-size" barbie. It was just a little taller than Kolton. He loved dancing with her and hugging her and giving her kisses. I couldn't tell if he knew she was fake or not. It was pretty funny!

After hanging out with Shawn for an hour or so we met Sarah at Cafe Rio for some dinner so we could talk and catch up. Kolton was NOT interested in sitting at the restaurant so I pretty much just let him run around. Great parenting-huh? ;) There were other kids doing it too, I mean, it was Provo...
After dinner we went to her apartment so I could see where she lives! It was so great to be able to talk and hang out!

I don't know what night this is, but one night Kolton and my dad played with the train for probably over an hour! Kolton just kept saying "papa watch, papa watch" every time he'd move the train or do anything. It was pretty funny actually to listen to him in his little voice say that constantly!

Tyler asked for a back rub and my mom volunteered and then Kolton decided he'd help to. It got a little complicated with my mom rubbing and Kolton walking, but it worked out pretty well I think! ;)

On Friday night we went to Olive Garden for dinner. They sat us at the same table we sat at the last time I came to Olive Garden with them! We had a lot of fun and the food was really good! Kolton was actually really good for having to sit there for an hour and a half.

Here are just some pictures of Kolton playing with two of his uncles, Shawn and Tyler, and his aunt Cambrea. He would sit there and eat sun chips with Shawn and after each bite they'd look at each other and say "mumumumumumum" and then take another bite. It was cute! Both Shawn and Tyler played basketball with him too. He asked to do that every day! Tyler also walked him to the park and played with him there. Kolton thought that was pretty awesome! He saw a "bi-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-g truck" on the walk back too! :) He would be so wild when Cam would read him a book. He'd get all goofy and embarrassed or something! He loved it though!
We had a great time and I'm so glad I went! Oh, and our flights on the way back were much less dramatic then on the way there!

2 comments:

The Foys said...

I'm so jealous that you got to spend so much time with your family. I love that picture of Kolton sleeping! It makes me want to wake him up and give him a big kiss!

Casey&Mal said...

First - LOVE the pic of Kolton sleeping that Brady took....SOOOO cute!
Second - You looked great! Kolton is super cute, but I could tell he was a little sleepy :) It was great to see you! You'll have to let us know when you come back. I wanted to call you again, but I had a ridiculously busy week while you were here! Next time!
Third - Do those dog beds have arm rests??? I don't blame him for thinking they're fun!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers