Here he is waiting for the siren to go off signaling the start of the hunt. He was DYING to go in the roped off area and start!!
Parents weren't technically supposed to go in and help but I don't think a single parent (in Kolton's age group) didn't go in and help their kids. Brady and I took turns holding his basket and pointing to eggs for him to pick up.
Kolton showing me all his eggs. The "hunting" was literally done in probably 3 minutes. The kids really went at it!
The candy was less than desirable :) but Kolton enjoyed eating the eggs he got to pick up. I know it doesn't look like he likes it but I promise he did.
Brady told Kolton to take another bite so I could take a picture and so he was showing Brady that he already had a bite in his mouth so he'd take another one "in a minute"-one of his new favorite things to say. I'll tell him to come to me for something and he'll say back "in a minute" or "i'm comin' in a minute." :)
After the hunt Brady and Kolton ran over to one of the playgrounds and Kolton played for a little bit going down the slide several times!
Then we left and on our way back to our car a train came right past us. Kolton was SO excited to watch it! It kept honking its horn as it went past us and it was flippin' loud! He loved watching it though!
On Thursday I went outside to go throw away a dirty diaper (life of a mom :) ) and outside on the porch was a flower box. I was like "WHAT?! Someone sent me flowers?!" I was so excited! Turns out Brittney's mom sent Brady and I a bouquet of tulips with a nice letter to go with it thanking us for being friends with the Foys. How nice! THEN, that evening, Sterling's mom took me and Kolton out to dinner to Teds (YUM!) and also bought Brady a meal to go (he had to work) and thanked us for being their friends too. What an awesome day we had!

2 comments:
Oh that's so fun! I wish we would have gone now...it didn't look too cold or windy at all. Oh well I guess...Kolton looks like he had a blast!!
I love that these guys are old enough to understand the easter egg hunt.. looks like he had a blast!
Post a Comment