Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring? Winter?

We've had a car track stuffed underneath Kolton's train table since right after Christmas. I finally pulled it out on Friday and thew it away (it was completely broken--I don't know why I was keeping it). No more than 2 minutes after I did that Kade had gone completely under the table and was playing with some cars. Kolton quickly joined him under there. It was great! :)
Saturday morning we woke up to this. It snowed off and on all day on Saturday. Weather can be so random! Friday was almost 70 outside and then Saturday it snows?? Random! I think we got like 2 inches or something like that--not the 8-14" they predicted, but still, 2" on the first day of Spring?! But, come Monday it was warm again and yesterday was really nice, so luckily it didn't last very long!

On Sunday we went over to Brady's parent's house. We haven't been there in forever! Kolton had fun making everyone play with him! Everyone had a turn making him fly!
Here's Maddi's version of flying:

And Daddy's:

Daddy and Grandpa's combined effort:

And Grandpa's:

We ate dinner over there and then Dylen opened his mission call. Its going to be so exciting for each of us to have brothers on their missions! He had some friends there and then Jeff and Vanessa and Jaycee and Adam were on the phone.

Yesterday Kolton and I spent a good hour and a half outside playing. He played basketball, walked his puppy, ran around chasing me with a stick, and ate some chips. I tried to read a book while still acknowledging each of his made baskets and laughing at the puppy etc. :) I'm reading the book "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. My friend Shana recommended it and let me borrow her copy. Its actually really good! I'm excited to finish it and then read the other two books in the series.


After playing outside we came in and Kolton asked for a popsicle. He loved it and I loved watching him eat it. I'm so excited for spring and summer (if they'd just come!). Its nice to get outside and play! He just told my mom on the phone that we're going outside again today to play basketball with his basketball hoop and goal. Hopefully we can and aren't rained out! ;)

Look at him going to town with that thing!
I'm also really excited for Easter! I'm excited for the Easter Bunny to come and bring Kolton lots of fun treats and toys! I'm curious, though, do any of you guys have any cool traditions for Easter?

2 comments:

Emma said...

growing up we the "easter bunny" would hide our baskets- here we haven't done that yet because charlee wasn't old enough, but i think we'll give it a try this year! :]

The Foys said...

How did you get such an awesome picture of Kolton being thrown through the air like that?! I love the picture of Kade and Kolton under the train table :0) Those boys!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers