Saturday, March 27, 2010

SPRING!

I think its finally spring now! I'm so excited! Kolton loves to play outside and I love to sit out there and watch him too! He will play and play for hours out there if you'd let him!
Kolton got some of my "winter" socks out of my drawer the other day and decided he wanted to wear them.
A couple of days ago Kolton and I went outside to play basketball and have a snack. Growing up I used to always eat graham crackers dipped in milk with my brothers. We loved it! We would say "1-2-3 MAGIC" as we'd try and crack the graham cracker the long way without breaking it--if you could you were magic! ;) Anyway, I introduced this snack to Kolton and he loved it! He ended up making a huge mess as soggy pieces of graham cracker would fall to the ground and milk was dripping everywhere, but we were outside so it wasn't that big of a deal! We did have to take his shirt off though--this is why you see a half naked toddler blowing bubbles! ;)


Yesterday we went to the park with Brittney, Kade and Emery. It was SO windy! I couldn't believe it! You literally had to brace yourself when the big gusts would come or you'd start to loose your balance! I couldn't believe how well Kolton did at the park. He could do everything by himself! I just stood and watched him go round and round climbing up and down and going down the slide and across and over and under. He's just getting SO big!



OK, look at the picture of Kolton above (his profile) and then look at the picture below...
Same kid? Sure does look like it! This is my brother Tyler when he was little at my grandparents house. My mom sent me this picture the other day and I COULD NOT believe how much they look alike! Its crazy!

We went to Target on Monday so I could find the book "Catching Fire"--the second book to the Hunger Games. Kolton found one of those water color books with a tiger on it! ;) he has NEVER seen Pooh & Friends and has absolutely no idea who the characters are so when I told him that was Tigger he said, "No, its a TIGER." Anyway, last night while we were waiting for Brady to come home from work Kolton asked if he could paint a picture for daddy. He did three of them and loved every second of it! It is so nice too because it isn't messy at all! He was so excited to show Brady when he came home. He ran and got all three pictures and gave them to him right away!

Kolton's bed broke the other day randomly so we put his mattress on the floor until we find him another bed. I wasn't thinking at all like a mother should and left his toy box right next to the head of his bed. Well, yesterday Kolton was in a very good mood just running around being all goofy and ran into his room and flung himself on his bed. He didn't land on his pillow, though--his head landed right on the edge of his wooden toy box! The force of it threw him back up into a sitting position and boy did he SCREAM! I felt so bad for him! He had no idea what hit him! You can see the results of it in the picture of him painting...It looks worse in person though! Needless to say, I moved the toy box across the room so hopefully we won't have that happen again! ;(


Here are my tulips now. I've never seen tulips open as wide as these ones have! I love them! I think they are coming to the end of their days, though. Sad. It was great to have them while I did though!

Every once in a while I'll scrub the kitchen sink. I swear every time I do it, he will copy me and clean the sink sometime later that day. This time I came out of the shower and found that he had pulled the chair over there and was cleaning the sink. He's such a good helper!

He asked for a sticker one afternoon and kept putting it on his head. He thought it was pretty sweet! :) He wanted to put one in my hair too--I didn't go for it! ;)

Here is a video of him hard at work cleaning the sink.

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers