Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cerclage

My mom flew in on Wednesday, May 1st.  Kolton was so excited to pick her up from the airport.  After we got her we headed to McAlister's to grab some dinner for her and Brady got something too.  Kolton made Grandma carry him to and from the restaurant.  :) We probably stayed up too late that night haha but we did get to bed.  ;)
The next morning, May 2nd, was my cerclage.  My cerclage was scheduled for 9:00 but I didn't get pulled back to the operating room until 12:10 because they had several complications with the surgery before me and then there was only one anesthesiologist on duty that day. 
Brady and I went up early and then my mom brought Kolton up a little later so that he could sleep in and not be too tired. 
At first they couldn't find the heartbeat with the Doppler so they brought down an ultrasound machine.  You could tell the nurses were a little nervous as they started the ultrasound but then you could immediately see the baby move around and see the heart fluttering. 
 
 
 Kolton got bored almost the second he came back in to the waiting room.  Haha.  He took pictures of himself, played with my mom's phone, colored, practiced counting, adding, and subtracting with things in Grandma's purse, ran up and down the halls...everything.  :)

 

 The procedure took about 10 minutes is all.  They had to do a 4 hour spinal, though, because they didn't have an hour and a half spinal.  That made my time in the recovery room long! After the cerclage I had another ultrasound to check the stitches and the cervix.  Misty Mayberry (who is in our ward) happened to be the one to come do the ultrasound so that was fun! She took a bunch of pictures for us and tried to see if she could tell if it was a boy or girl.  She thought it was a boy.  You could totally see something there inbetween the legs but since I was only 11 weeks and a few days she told us to "not go buy anything just yet."  The baby's heartbeat was 170 bpm and was moving all around.  Took me 6 hours before I could leave the hospital.  I had really bad cramps that night and my back was really sore where I got the spinal.  I couldn't really even stand up straight.  I came home and went and laid in the bed right away. 
I really have no memory as to what my mom and Kolton did each day but Kolton was spoiled! She played and played with him all day and every day.  Haha.  They also went to a couple of parks and went on walks and he rode his scooter and/or bike, went to Jumpzone, went to Burger King, played I don't even know how many games...He had fun!
These pictures make me laugh because he looks a little nervous to be by the squirrel but totally wanted a picture with it.  :)
 

 
He thought it was so funny to come out "ready for school" in underwear.  Haha. 
 

Sunday we had a yummy dinner and then Kolton and mom took a bunch of pictures of themselves together.  They'd take turns picking what face they should both make.  It was funny to watch. 
 
 
 
 






 


 


 We went around driving that night looking at different neighborhoods where we might want to build a house.  I also threw up that night for the one and only time this pregnancy.  It was weird!
Spoiled boy at Burger King!

 
Another one of his crazy "I'm ready for school" outfits. 
 
Grandma left on Wednesday the 8th. It was so great having her here.  We would not have been able to do it if she wasn't here.  She kept Kolton totally occupied so he wasn't whining and complaining to me about being bored all day, cleaned, made dinner, and helped with the puppies.  It was awesome and we were so grateful she could come!
I had my follow up appointment with the doctor on the 9th of May.  We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler for the first time.  It was 160 bpm.  

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers