Thursday, August 8, 2013

NO training wheels!!

Late on the evening of Friday, May 24th we went over to the Foy's house for the last time! It was Halley's birthday and so we went over to celebrate.  It was so weird as we left thinking that would be the last time we'd hang out at their house.  I cried the whole way home.  It was just too sad. 
 Saturday morning Brady had to work so Kolton and I worked on cleaning the yard.  Kolton did all the raking and making piles and then I'd pick up the piles of junk and put them in bags. 
 Kolton got super tired but he worked hard.  I was grateful and impressed with how well he did. 
He wanted to take a picture of me helping.  Haha.  I look so lovely! :) 
 
 When Brady got home from work he and Kolton mowed.  Kolton liked pushing it and Brady just walked along side him to make sure he kept it straight. 

 Sunday, the 26th, we had just sacrament meeting.  And actually, everyone was wearing casual clothes and all the adults had on the yellow "Helping Hands" shirt.  It was crazy to look out in the congregation (there were 3 wards there) and see everyone in regular clothes and yellow shirts.  Shelby Orr was giving her farewell talk for her mission and I don't think she'll ever forget it.  :) Our ward provided a nursery for those that wanted to go help clean after sacrament meeting.  For some reason Kolton was not wanting to stay and actually started crying.  I did get him to finally calm down and stay in there.  It was so weird. 
We also had to say goodbye to the Foys after sacrament.  They were leaving to head up to Omaha. It was sad. 
 We cleaned up for a couple hours and then I went and picked Kolton up.  Brady came home a little after me at like 2:00 or so.  We cleaned up and then went over to the Brammer's house for a dinner for my birthday. 
I love seeing these two boys do things together.  It just melts my heart.  Kolton has such a good dad.  I'm so glad my children get to be loved and cared for by Brady. 
May 31st I had a doctor's appointment at the Perinatal Center of Oklahoma in Norman.  It is a clinic for high risk pregnancies.  I just go there for ultrasounds so I'm not sure if they do anything else there.  We had our first one on the 31st, though.  We were nervous going to it, though, because we were supposed to have bad weather again that evening and didn't want to be stuck at the doctor's office in a tornado or something. 
They did about a 30 minute ultrasound checking every little thing.  It was awesome! We found out that our baby was indeed a BOY! His heart rate was at 153 bpm.  They also found out that my placenta was low and covering my cervix.




That night there indeed was really bad weather and there was a tornado but it was in a more rural part of Oklahoma and didn't cause as much damage even though it was just as powerful as the tornado that came through Moore on the 20th.  We had really high straight winds here in Moore, though, and tons of rain.  We called a family in our ward that lives on our street and asked them if they had power and they did so we left Brady's parents and went home at around 9:30 or so.  It took us forever to get home because a ton of streets were shut down due to the flooding and powerlines that got knocked down.  We got home only to find out, though, that we had no power!!  We headed to Walmart and bought a lantern because all we had were flashlights and that was just too hard.  We had the worst night's sleep ever haha and woke up the next morning and waited for our insurance adjuster to come. 
That afternoon we headed over to Brady's parents house to stay there.  They had left that morning to go to Florida so we were by ourselves in the house. 
June 2nd was my birthday.  We just lounged around all day and rested.  Kolton also learned how to ride his bike without training wheels! It took him no time! Brady took him around the cul-de-sac once holding on to the back of his bike and then went to do it again and let go of it at the very beginning.  Kolton looked back and saw that Brady wasn't holding on any more and got a freaked out look on his face and then quickly changed it to a smile as he realized he was doing it by himself! It was awesome!
 He became addicted and wanted to do it all the time!!
 That night the Himes came over and we had cookies to celebrate my birthday.  The kids all played outside and had a good time. 
June 3rd Kolton had his first basketball practice and he loved it! He loves playing basketball!
We got our power back on the 5th I believe.  Our poor fridge was so empty.  Haha.
 I took Kolton to the library on the 5th and they had a big room set up with all sorts of crafts.  Kolton played in there for forever painting and putting foam stickers on sheets.  He loved it. 
 June 6th I had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Miller.  The baby's heart rate was at 148 bpm.  We also had decided that we are naming him Bentley!
 Things went well at the doctor and Kolton was perfect! :) I love that he's my little buddy.  Can't wait to have two of them!

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers