Thursday, January 5, 2017

Bentley's 3rd Birthday

We had Bentley's birthday dinner on Sunday, the 5th.  We had spaghetti and beef stroganoff with garlic bead, corn, and salad.  It was all delicious.  It was combined with Brady's mom's birthday dinner.  Bentley loved it and loved the food and having all his cousins over to play.  
This is a picture of Kolton doing a magic trick to London.  It is a math one where you add, multiply, divide etc. and he will be able to guess your number you started with without telling him any of it.  
Here is the cake Bentley picked out.  He was SO excited for his Paw Patrol cake.  We picked it up on Saturday and he was dying to get into it.  Waiting a whole day seemed like torture to him.  Haha.  
He loves singing happy birthday and especially loves having it sung to him! He just kept saying it all day! I loved watching him be so excited about it.  




He thought opening presents was fun too but wanted to play with each one before opening the next one.  Haha.  

We had a fun time celebrating him with the family.  
Wednesday night we got a text from a friend saying he had two tickets for the Thunder game that night if anyone wanted them.  So Brady went and picked them up and Kolton and I headed to the Thunder game that night.  So Brady took Bentley to Braum's on their way to youth.  
It was so fun to go on a little date with Kolton to the game.  I hardly ever get one on one time with him so when we do it is extra special.  We had pretty good seats too which was an added bonus! And of course Kolton picked cotton candy for his snack at the game! Haha.  



This is a first for me.  I've never had a shoe get a hole in it but Bentley sure did wear his shoe out! Good thing we had bought him new ones for his birthday! 
Bentley's birthday!! I got to snuggle in bed with him on his birthday morning.  He is such a sweet and adorable little boy and it was so great to be able to celebrate his sweet spirit in our home and his birth 3 years ago! He says "I love you" in the absolute sweetest way.  It is my favorite. He can throw the biggest fits but he always comes and says sorry afterwards, most of the time without being prompted to do so.  We always tease that he is either the sweetest thing on the planet or not.  Haha.  There's no in between.  But those sweet moments make it all worth it.  He is super smart.  You teach him something once and he knows it.  
Brady went and got him birthday donuts.  He was pretty excited.  I love the faces he makes.  And I love it when I capture them in a picture so I can remember them forever! 

I decided to invite some of his friends over on his birthday just to have a play date so he could have some fun.  I made cupcakes for them to eat as well.  Bentley loved it and that made me happy! We had Carter Stevens, Luke Lancaster, Brynlee Hinckley (his absolute best friend!), and Esme Brammer over.  

That afternoon we let him open his presents from us and my parents.  He was super cute! He got socks and shoes, pajamas and paw patrol toys, a blaze shirt and PJ Masks costumes and... UNDERWEAR!





He had to wear the costume right away and loved it so much that he wanted to wear it to dinner! We went to Red Robbin because he wanted to get a balloon at dinner.  Haha.  



We had a great time at dinner and ended up being seated next to two different families from our ward.  Haha.  It was too funny.  Bentley was happy because he got his balloon at the end of it! It was a great birthday and a wonderful day celebrating our sweet Bentley turning 3! 

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers