Saturday, January 7, 2017

Kolton's Class Christmas Party, Birthday Lunch, Gingerbread Houses, and Seeing Santa

I was in charge of Kolton's class Christmas party.  It was fun but a ton of work! His teacher decided she wanted to have the party on Friday, the 16th.  Luckily Brady had that day off so that was really nice!! We headed up there at about 2:15 for a 2:30 start time.  When we got there the school was doing a "lock down" drill so we couldn't get in for a while but finally did. :) We planned a lot of fun activities and I was excited for the kids.  We split them into two groups to start.  Half the room decorated ice cream cones like Christmas trees and then sugar cookies while the other half made glass ball ornaments with their pictures in them.  Then we switched.  After that we played a couple minute to win it games.  One was "shoveling snow" where they had to use a straw and suck up marshmallows and put them in a cup.  The person with the most after a minute won.  Nathan (the boy sitting next to Kolton) won both times we played it! Then we divided them into two teams and played "pass the candy cane." They had to put their candy canes in their mouths and pass one around their circle and whichever group finished first won.  They thought that was hilarious and funny.  After that they all sat down and ate snacks.  I made little cups with popcorn in them that looked like snowmen and then some rice krispie treats that were shaped like Christmas trees.  Then they had their sugar cookies they decorated earlier and capri suns.  It was a lot of fun! But it felt so good when it was done! Haha.  Mainly the ornaments.  Those stressed me out.  Everything else was easy and I wasn't nervous for but those ornaments gave me a lot of headaches.  Haha.  






That night Kolton had his second basketball game of the season.  We played a really good team! The first quarter Kolton played point guard and we were only down 9-10.  Then he didn't want to play point guard in the second quarter I guess so Brady put in Levi as PG and by half time we were down 11-20 or something like that.  We ended up losing the game by 19 points which was such a bummer because we shouldn't have.  Kolton wasn't happy because there was like 3 families from the ward there watching him as well as Shawn and Mckenzie and then Mr. Barnard from his school and then also the assistant coach from the Chaos and his son, DJ.  So Kolton was pretty bummed it wasn't a very good game to watch.  We told Kolton after the game that he just has to play point guard because no one else on his team can do it like he can.  Haha.  We also were missing Jorge that night and he is our top scorer so that definitely hurt us as well.  Hopefully next game won't be so bad! ;) 
Saturday was our ward's Christmas party.  I made peanut clusters, white chocolate dipped Oreos, and Ritz with peanut butter dipped in chocolate as well as a ham for the dinner.  They did such a great job decorating the gym for it! It was beautiful! We sat next to Shawn and Mckenzie as well as the Landrums.  




Sunday evening we went to go ding dong ditch the family that we had bought gifts for.  Kolton was super excited to do it! It was a lot of fun and just made us feel really good.  

We came home and decorated these little gingerbread houses we bought at the store.  The boys seriously loved it!! Bentley really got into it too so it was a lot of fun! The best part was they stayed standing! Haha.  











We also wrote about our experience doing the service activity to put in the envelope for my mom for Christmas.  Bentley colored a picture and Kolton wrote a really thoughtful note.  
Monday I checked Kolton out of school early and met Brady up at Bass Pro to go see Santa.  We just love going there but the lines have definitely gotten out of control so that is why we decided to get there really early.  Kolton asked for Kyrie Irving shoes and Bentley asked for Paw Patrol stuff.  As I was looking at Kolton it was sad to think that this might be his last year to sit on Santa's lap!! He's so big looking on him!! 



I was so happy that Bentley was ok sitting on his lap and actually talked to him and smiled! I love how he is playing with his coat as he tells him what he wants for Christmas.  It was really cute.  



During nap time on Tuesday I decided to bust through some presents and get some wrapping done! The only presents under the tree were each of the kids Christmas Eve presents and then my huge present from Brady and the boys.  I still didn't put these under the tree though... I wanted to wait until Christmas Eve to put them under there.  Just so then the tree looks a lot different when the kids come out Christmas morning.  
Wednesday morning I headed to the neighborhood Walmart to pick up a couple of things and Bentley was in heaven.  He always wants me to get one of these carts but I always tell him no so I decided to say yes that day and let him enjoy it.  Then a worker gave him a balloon and then he got the usual Walmart cookie they give the kids.  He was loving it! 
We then went from there to go pick up the pizza for Kolton's class and then went to Kolton's school for lunch.  It is so fun bringing him and his class pizza for his birthday.  I love it! And this year every kid participated so that was awesome too! And it is always pajama day on the last day of school before break so they are always in their pajamas which makes it even more fun! 


They sang him happy birthday afterwards which he hated but I thought it was nice! 

That night we had the YM over again for youth.  Youth was canceled but Brady decided to still have them over for pizza and to watch the Thunder game.  Bishop ended up challenging the youth to a push up contest.  Kason Landrum won for the YM with 66 I think and Shawn won for the adults with 96 push-ups! Heather Walser did it too and totally did 40 which really impressed me! Kolton joined in too and did 33 which was awesome!! It was a fun night! 
Thursday we went to the church in the morning and played with the Widdisons.  We played basketball and did some jump roping.  It was way fun! Bentley even joined in on the jump roping and got 12 in a row one time! It was awesome! Then that night we brought the mattresses into the living room for the boys to watch a movie and sleep.  They love that! I don't know how much I do though because they stay up too late and almost always Kolton starts to get frustrated because he wants to go to sleep but Bentley won't stop talking to him etc.  Haha.  But they always get super excited when we offer it to them! And it is just a fun little treat for them so we try to do it periodically!  
Friday night we went to Red Robbin with Brady's parents for dinner and then we went to go watch the Christmas light show at the Down's Family Christmas Lights.  We hadn't been in a couple of years so it was fun to head back there and see some Christmas lights.  Started the Christmas weekend off perfectly.  

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers