Saturday, January 7, 2017

Brady's Pheasant Hunting Trip, Kolton's First Basketball Game of the Season

I decided one day to get this out of the attic and set it up.  I knew if I didn't just do it now it wasn't going to get done.  Haha.  I got it mostly put up by myself but Brady had to help me get the two big rebar poles down in the ground.  Then I wrapped it with lights.  Some of it had to be repainted as well so I did a little touching up and then it was good to go.  I still need to get a spotlight for it or something so you don't just see these green strands on it all during the day.  

Brady left right after work on Wednesday the 30th of December to head up to the panhandle of Oklahoma to go pheasant hunting.  He and Trigger rode with Ross Finnestad up there and got there around 8 or something like that.  They woke up the next morning and headed out.  I don't remember how many they got but Brady got these ones.  They hunted Thursday and Friday and came home Friday night. Brady had a good time and enjoyed the little hunting trip.  
Thursday night the boys and I played Yahtzee.  Bentley totally rolled a Yahtzee.  Kolton and I were really excited for him so then he got excited but didn't really know why.  Haha.  

Bentley snuck out of his bed and crawled in to mine and told me "You're my best fwend." So stinking sweet.  It melted me so I had to let him cuddle for a few minutes with me before I took him back to his bed.  :) 
Brady and Ross had some serious issues getting back on Friday.  The truck they were in kept breaking down and they kept having to pull over and fix it and then go again.  It was super stressful because Kolton had his first basketball game of the season at the Station that night and Brady is the coach!! At one point they were stuck on the side of the road about an hour away from us and so Brady hopped in another truck of some of the other people that went hunting with them and rode with them.  They then just dropped him off at the Station and he got there about half way through the second quarter I think.  Kolton's team ended up stomping the other team and won 43-2.  After the first quarter they weren't even allowed to press because they were beating them by too many points.  (I don't think I ever mentioned that Kolton isn't on the Chaos team anymore.  He ended up working his way into the starting lineup and we ordered him a jersey and everything but Kolton was just having a really hard time.  He loved that he was getting so much better at basketball and he loved the assistant coach but he was pretty terrified of the head coach.  We told him he needed to tough through the yelling and stuff but then the coach started cussing and name calling and grabbing the kids and we did not like that.  Then Kolton cried on the morning of practice and we started talking to other people and they'd say that there was no reason for the coach to be like that and that there were other good teams out there that didn't have coaches that treated the kids like that so we talked to the assistant coach and decided it was probably time to take Kolton off the team.  We were really sad to leave.  It really was such a good experience for Kolton and really improved his game with just the few months he was on the team but we didn't want him to start hating basketball at such a young age.  He has so much ahead of him that it would be really sad if he started not liking it at age 8.)



Saturday we decided to head to the Y and watch a few kids from church play basketball.  We got to see Trey Widdison, Ryder Hinckley, and Jaren Hoyt play in their first basketball games.  After that we got to watch Tayte play as well! It was fun! 
My mom asked us what we wanted for Christmas and so I told her we wanted to get new barstools.  She got on Target and they were on sale so she ordered them that day and we went and picked them up.  I love them! 

Remember how I said Bentley's potty training was going really well?! Haha.  Well on Thanksgiving day he pooped his pants like 4 or 5 times.  I am not even kidding.  I started to get really frustrated with him.  Well after that he refused to poop.  He would randomly start jumping up and down or sit down really quickly and I'd know he would have to poop but he wouldn't do it.  So we headed to Walmart one day and bought one of these little potties which I hate but he had to poop! He finally ended up pooping in there but only because we made him walk around without pants (which he hated) and so there was no controlling it.  Haha.  Poor guy.  
Ok this day was hilarious and by far one of my most funny moments with Kolton.  Haha.  It was cold and his class picture day so I told him he had to wear pants and a long sleeve shirt.  We discovered he had no long sleeve shirts and no jeans that he likes.  Haha.  I made him wear these ones and he was so embarrassed.  He told me "I look like a disco dancer!" and he was dead serious.  These jeans are not flare jeans or anything but they weren't skinny jeans so he was hating life.  He told me it was the worst day ever and even worse was that he couldn't do anything to fix it or his jeans.  Haha.  It was pretty funny.  He sure is getting older and I guess so am I because I thought they looked good! :) 

Dalton came and watched Kolton's basketball practice on Tuesday night which I thought was really nice.  Bentley loved it too because he had a friend to play with. ;) 
We went to the library after school on Tuesday.  Can you tell? Haha.  Both boys were in bed reading books that night.  I love it.  

Wednesday morning I took my car to the dealership to get the oil changed.  Bentley was pretty happy that they had complimentary cinnamon rolls there for him to snack on! :) Joni Widdison picked us up from there and we headed to Journey church to let the kids play.  Well when we got there we found that the play area was closed haha so we headed to the mall to let the kids play.  Then Joni dropped me off at the dealership when my car was done so that was nice! 
Wednesday night we had YM at our house.  Brady did a little lesson about the blessings and importance of serving a mission and showed them a mormon message about it and then they played ping pong in our living room while eating ice cream and writing letters to the missionaries serving from our ward.  Well as I was eating my ice cream a ping pong ball came flying into my bowl.  Haha.  Too funny.  I also found balls in my Christmas tree for the next few weeks.  Haha.  


No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers