Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Christmas 2016

Christmas morning started early for us (like always!).  You'd think it would be because of the kids, but no, it was because of Brady again.  Haha.  I think it was 5:00 this year that he woke the kids up.  He said he kept waking up every 30 minutes and just couldn't wait anymore so he woke me up and said he was going to wake the boys up so if I wanted to see them open their presents I better come with him.  Haha.  I love watching my kids open their presents.  It is just so fun!! I love seeing them so excited and happy with their presents.  It is the best! 




















I surprised Brady and got him a compound bow for Christmas.  He had been wanting one for a couple months but I kept telling him there was no way we could afford it.  He wasn't happy but I really wanted to get it for him for Christmas.  Haha.  So he was happy when he opened it up on Christmas.  


Brady got me a keyboard for Christmas this year! I was so excited!! It has been so fun to have! 




I forgot to take a picture of each of the boys with all their gifts this year so that is a bummer.  They loved all their gifts, though! 
Kolton got: NBA 2K17, Madden 17, a new basketball to take to school for recess, VR goggles, Kyrie Irving basketball shoes, OU long sleeve shirt, Pokemon cards, sliders, joggers, Nike sweatshirt, gift cards, Jungle Book DVD, and a boogie board.  
Bentley got: Boogie board, ball, blocks, Blaze car and all the cars from the show, big Blaze, Blaze car track, Paw Patrol sheet set, Hungry Hungry Hippos game, Finding Dory DVD, and gift cards.  
We relaxed after opening presents and just enjoyed our gifts.  Then we had to get ready for church which was at 10:00.  We had just sacrament meeting and it was combined with the other wards that meet in our building.  Shawn was doing a musical number so I was excited for that.  He did awesome.  After church we came home and took short naps and then went to Brady's parent's house for dinner.  We had mexican food and hung out.  Kolton said his stomach was hurting but I figured it was just because all he had eaten that day was candy and cinnamon rolls.  But, he ended up throwing up that night at Brady's parent's house.  So we packed up and went home.  Haha.  But before we left Brady helped his dad put his new gun together that Brady had helped his mom buy for him.  It is a shotgun so he can go duck hunting with Brady so Brady was excited for that so now he can have someone to go with him all the time.  
We had a very blessed Christmas and we feel very fortunate to have all we have.  Christmas is such a special time of the year and it is always sad to see it come and go.  Hopefully we can continue to have the spirit of Christmas in our hearts throughout the year and not just in December.  

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers