Thursday, July 1, 2010

45th Infantry Museum

Vanessa heard of this museum from a friend so we all decided to check it out today. It was really cool! The kids really liked looking at all the different tanks and trucks and planes and guns and army guys they had set up. I'd really like to go back (without kids) and really get to look at all the stuff and read about it. It seemed really cool! The 45th Infantry Division was made up of men from four states--Oklahoma, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico and was organized in 1923. This museum just has a lot of artifacts from their division and a lot of cool war stuff! :)


We walked around outside the acres they have and looked at all sorts of war vehicles--tanks, helicopters, airplanes, artillery, personnel carriers...just a lot of stuff!


There was also a huge hill the boys had fun running up and down!




They also have an inside part that was really cool but they don't allow flash photography inside so I never took any pictures. There's tons of history in there that's the cool kind of history. Trust me--I am not a history buff by any means, but I actually really enjoyed looking at all that stuff!
I'm glad we were able to go! It was really cool! And free! So that's always fun! :)

1 comment:

The Foys said...

Wow two blog posts in a row!! You go! It's been fun to bed able to hang out with you guys more lately. I think I really need to visit that museum... it looked awesome!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers