Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Looks

My brother, Shawn, has been on his mission since the end of February. He sent us a few pictures this week! It was fun to see what he's up to!
Him and a companion were biking and came across a little family of ducks. They chased after them and Shawn happened to catch one! :)
One of Shawn's really good friends from back in Utah is serving in the same mission as him which is actually pretty cool! Right now they are serving in the same area so they get to see each other quite often.

Shawn is being an amazing missionary and I am so proud of him for everything he's doing! He hasn't even been on his mission for 5 months and next transfer he is going to be a trainer and district leader! Every letter he writes he tells me how much fun he's having and how he loves the work he is doing! He has such a drive and a passion for the work and I'm so proud of him and hope that he keeps that ambition!

Last week I was going through Kolton's baby clothes looking for his newborn clothes to send to my brother Derek and his wife who are expecting a baby boy in September for them to use. One of the boxes I grabbed had some things in there that weren't newborn but Kolton thought it would be fun to wear them. :) His pajamas didn't quite fit him and then he paired it with a hat my grandpa crocheted him that's red white and blue! He looked adorable! ;)

In the mornings when I get ready Kolton typically either watches Clifford or George or a movie in his room. One morning, for some reason, he watched his movie with sunglasses and two blankets on. My cousin, Daegan, suggested we need to turn the brightness on the tv down--I guess so! :)

Thursday night we got to hang out with the Revells. We went swimming and then went to the Eskimo Sno in Norman that is indoors over by the dollar theatre and Braums and stuff. I think this is the first time Kolton ate his entire sno cone!


Now don't judge us--we had been swimming just before this so we aren't fixed up or anything!


Saturday Brigham came over to play while his parents went to the temple for Spencer to receive his endowment (he's leaving on his mission in September to California). We also had Kade's birthday party at Jumpzone that morning. The boys had a blast!
On Saturday Kolton and I also went to the hospital to see Mindy and her new baby, Luci!! She's SO cute and we had a lot of fun hanging out up there with them and their family!
He shared an icee while we were there and since then his new thing to say is that something is "licious" instead of "yummy" like he used say. I think its so cute! Even when I'm eating he'll ask me if it's "licious" just to make sure!

1 comment:

Shana said...

Oh Jen! I love all the pics..but I HATE that one of us! I look horrible!! haha! And the pics of the boys are way cute! Thanks again for watching briggs..he had a blast with you guys!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers