Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve Brady had to work until 2:00.  So, I spent the morning cleaning the house.  Like deep cleaning.  It was nice to get it all done! Brady ended up not getting off until 2:40.  He came home and then left with Kolton and his dad to go to a Mexican grocery store.  While he was there he had to speak Spanish to the workers because they couldn't speak English.  He said that Kolton looked up at him and asked very cautiously "Why are you talking like that Dad?" Haha.  He said it was pretty funny. Brady talks Spanish to Kolton sometimes but he does it slowly and just short sentences so I guess it caught Kolton off guard when he was talking it for real.  Brady loves the beans and rice from there so he was excited to go get some and for some reason we only do at Christmas time.  




After they came home it as about time for dinner.  Kolton loves Christmas Eve dinner! 
 "Ho-Ho"-ing like Santa.  ;) 
  
We had ham, rolls, and twice baked potatoes with fruit salad and corn and of course our traditional sparkling grape juice.  Kolton loves that we drink them in cool cups.  

After dinner we opened our Christmas Eve presents.  Kolton was SO excited.  

Kolton was SO sweet when he opened his present.  I had put his present inside a Frosted Flakes box just so that it was easier to wrap.  When he unwrapped it he just thought it was a box of Frosted Flakes and he got this sweet smile on his face and said as sweet as he could "Thank you so much!" I couldn't help but get teary eyed.  You could tell he was trying so hard to hide his disappointment because he did not want us to know he was disappointed.  He was so appreciative for a box of Frosted Flakes.  It just melted my heart.  It still makes me emotional.  I couldn't help but hug and squeeze him and tell him how much I love him.  We then told him to open the box.  
And then he was super excited! ;) I had originally bought him some dinosaur pajamas but then decided he would love The Avengers ones better so on the Saturday before Christmas I went and got these ones for him and I'm so glad I did because he loved them.  
 Brady always teases me about all my picture taking but he took pictures of me opening my present.  Haha.  I'm including them because there are never any pictures of me doing anything.  :) 
 I got Thunder pajama pants that I absolutely LOVE.  I wear them as much as I can.  
I got Brady a pair of pajama pants from Old Navy that were grey.  (His other Christmas Eve present from me was not taking pictures of him while opening them. Haha)
  After pajamas Kolton talked to my mom for a while and told her about his pajamas and his day.  After that we watched the Living Scriptures "Nativity" DVD.  Once we finished that we went down to Norman to go to the Downs Family Light Show.  We've been going there for years and love it.  It has become super popular the last several years.  Our favorite part this year was during their intermission.  They lit up a bunch of red and white lights for all the OU fans, then they lit up one orange tree for the OSU fans, and then for the Texas fans they lit up all the red and white lights again and played the "Boomer Sooner" song.  It was funny.  
While we were out looking at lights my mom sent us some pictures of their cookies that they were making.  They couldn't find their cookie cutters so they were cutting them out with knifes.  They turned out pretty awesome! I wish I had the pictures but I had to exchange my phone and don't have them anymore.  
After the lights we came home and Kolton decorated a cookie for Santa and left carrots out for the reindeer.  



We had such a fun Christmas Eve.  Spending time with each other was just a blast.  I'm so glad I have such a wonderful family! 


No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers