November 29th Brady had a half day. We decided to watch Lord of the Rings together. When Brady and I were dating my parents gave Brady all of the extended versions of all the Lord of the Rings movies because he loves them. So, watching one Lord of the Rings takes 3, almost 4 hours. :) Kolton enjoyed it though! As we were watching it I thought maybe some parts were too scary for him, though.
That night Kolton did not sleep well at all. He woke up several times which is not normal for him. Usually when he goes to bed, I don't see him until morning. I thought maybe, though, he was having bad dreams from the movie. That next day he started saying his ear hurt and had a fever and then one time Brady went to give him a hug and accidentally hit his ear and Kolton started whining and saying that that hurt his ear. I texted my friend Jill and asked her if Mark was available to look at Kolton's ear. Since we didn't have insurance I didn't want to spend a hundred bucks for me to take him to the doctor and them say "Oh he's fine..." Anyway, they were nice enough to let us come over and have Mark look at his ears. When we got there Mark looked in his one ear that Kolton said hurt and then looked in his other. The first one he said was full of puss and was "in a ball" and the second one had a lot of fluid in it. By the time we left their house the urgent care was closed. We ended up being able to get a prescription from Mark and had to pay $10 is all. We brought them lots of treats and are still in debt to them. We were SO grateful that Mark was able to look at Kolton for us and we were able to save so much money, especially right before Christmas! The next day Kolton's ear starting draining. It was pretty gross, but I was glad that it was able to drain so that some of the pressure could be relieved.
On Saturday, December 1st we decided to set up our Christmas tree. After we got all the stuff out of the attic and showered, Brady went to go grab some Taco Bueno for lunch. On his way there he saw this table in someone's yard. He called me and told me to go look at it. We had been looking on craigslist for a long time for a different table for our kitchen. The one we had was just so big and our kitchen is so small and so we wanted a smaller one. We had almost bought one a few weeks ago but then our washing machine broke so we had to buy that instead. Anyway, this one is quite a bit smaller and makes our kitchen seem so much larger. It just doesn't feel as crowded but still has enough room for us. I'm really happy we got it!
I love making Christmas treats! I made truffles, Oreos dipped in white chocolate, and Ritz with peanut butter dipped in chocolate. Mmmmmm.
After lunch we set up the tree. Kolton was so excited! As was I!
He did nearly all of the decorating. We bought this tree a couple of years ago because the other tree we have is a fairly large tree and it just took up so much room in our living room. So now, our tree is small, so he was able to do most of it with the help of a stool. I did put some up at the top, but for the most part, he did it all.
And, as tradition calls for, Brady picked him up to put the star on the top of the tree. After they did that, I had to jerry rig the tree so that it wasn't leaning forward with DVD cases and food storage cans. :)
Kolton and I with our tree! I love Christmas trees!
That night an elf came and was found in our tree with a note addressed to Kolton that explained to him who he was and how he was going to be watching him and reporting to Santa each night what Kolton did. Kolton was excited and named him Buddy. He had a few names to start with, but by the second day, his name was officially Buddy and stayed Buddy for the rest of the year.
Buddy did many things (thanks to pinterest and friends ideas) and Kolton had so much fun finding him every morning. He got in to the marshmallows, wrapped the toilet seat, dyed the milk green, ate a cookie, TP'ed the tree, put lights all over the kitchen, ate lucky charms, took pictures of himself and Kolton sleeping, got tied up by Kolton's super heros, wrote on the mirror in the bathroom, wrote with qtips, made snowflakes and a snow angel in flour, put on sunscreen and sunglasses and sat on the window sill, put crepe paper over Kolton's door, got stuck in the candy jar, messed up all the candy canes on the tree, and several other things that I can't seem to remember. :)
On December 2nd we watched the Christmas Devotional by the First Presidency on tv. While we were watching it Brady looked at me and started laughing. I was confused and asked why he was laughing and he said it was because my feet couldn't touch the ground and were barely hanging off the couch. It was pretty funny.
On December 5th, Kolton wrote a letter to Santa. I would say the words and he would write what letter it sounded like. We've been working on this a lot with him lately and he does really well. We will also spell a word and he will sound it out (like dog, cat, bat, hat etc.).
His letter said:
"Santa
I want
Rock the
talking
dino and
black
batman with
black car
Kolton Gerald Brammer"
It was so cute!
He addressed it to Santa and wrote his address. We taught him his address and our phone numbers a month or two ago so that he'd know them incase he needed to so he was excited that he could write it by himself without me telling him.
We put it out on our mailbox and the mailman took it. I was surprised because I didn't put a stamp on it or anything. Kolton couldn't wait to get a letter back from Santa.
And randomly, here's one of the mischevious things Buddy did.


















No comments:
Post a Comment