Monday, December 31, 2012

Random October/November phone pictures

Brady is gone hunting so I'm going to try and knock out a few blog posts.  :)
Kolton got his picture put up on the bulliten board at school. 
 I guess they took his picture on "pajama day" but its still cute.  :)
 I just love him!!

 November 6th was voting day for the presidential election.  Brady and I got up early and went and got in line before he had to go to work so we could vote.  We got there at 6:45, I think, and there was a line of about maybe 40 or so people in front of us. The doors didn't open until 7:00.  After we were done voting we went and got some donuts because Brady still had several minutes before he had to go to work.  I had high hopes all throughout the day that people would realize that our current President just wasn't getting the job done and hadn't done a single thing he had promised to do to help our economy but, as many people have pointed out, our country has become a country of entitlement and is beginning to be led by the "minority."  I'm getting all flustered now, still, as I type this.  As it got later and later, though, you could tell that Mitt was not going to win.  Ultimately, Mitt Romney lost and President Obama was re-elected. 
 On November 7th or 8th (I can't remember), Kolton and I went to the park with Jill and Brittney and their kids.  When we got there Kolton went over to the monkey bars and did them by himself.  I couldn't believe it! I've been trying to get him to do them without me standing next to him for a long time and so I was so proud that he did it! He must have been practicing at school during recess or something. 
 That night we watched the Thunder game and Brady and Kolton chowed down on a HUGE bag of smarties.  :)
On Saturday, November 10th, Brady and Kolton took an early afternoon nap while I went shopping.  I came home and had to wake them up to go to Kolton's friend from school birthday party.  Jaycen was having a party at the Veteran's park for his birthday. 
 The party was a superhero dress up party.  Luckily Kolton had his Captain America costume from Halloween to wear.  They played around at the park for about an hour and then did a pinata and tried to eat cupcakes (it was INSANELY windy that day).  Kolton had a really great time.
November 11th was Kolton's primary program.  I was in charge of it so I had to sit on the stage with all the kids and help them with their parts.  Everyone did great! A few kids had their parts memorized.  Kolton was one of those kids.  His part this year was, "Noah obeyed Heavenly Father and chose the right.  The Lord blessed Noah by saving his family." He did AWESOME!! We were so proud of him.  Brady's parents, Madison, and Jaycee and Landon came to see him.  He was so cute.  It makes me emotional when I see him do things like that.  I can't help but feel proud and full of love for our little guy. 
To get in to Thanksgiving spirit, on the 16th of November, Kolton did some crafting while I did some baking.  He made an owl and a turkey.  He loves to make things. 



 Both of his "projects" (as he calls them) turned out great! He has gotten really good at cutting things out.  I loved them!
Crafting sure does leave a mess, though!! :)

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers