This Thanksgiving Brady didn't get to play in the Turkey Bowl. I think this was the first year ever that he hasn't been able to play. He had torn his hamstring a couple weeks before playing basketball and it just wasn't healed enough for him to go out there. He was pretty bummed, but kept a positive attitude.
This year for Thanksgiving the guys were supposed to make all the food. We were in charge of bringing deviled eggs, vegetable tray, and a lemon meringue pie. While Brady was making the pie I sat in the kitchen and just chatted with him and kept him company. I had read through the entire recipe, though, and knew what he was supposed to do. It was SO hard for me to sit there and watch him and not say anything. I ended up getting kicked out of the kitchen, haha, because I couldn't help but try and help him. Well, turns out, I do know a thing or two about making a pie. Haha. When Brady tried to make the meringue he thought you were supposed to heat it on the stove when it said to "mix on medium" etc., when really you were supposed to mix it in the kitchen aide on medium SPEED. His first batch of meringue looked nothing like it was supposed to so he let me come back in the kitchen and help him figure out what he needed to do different. I explained it to him and then he made another batch and it turned out wonderful! He did an awesome job! I was proud of him.
We did Thanksgiving at 1:00, I think, and it was just us and Brady's parents, and Madison and Dylen, and then we invited our friend, Mark Himes, over because his family was out of town. Jeff and Vanessa had Thanksgiving dinner with her extended family because her parents had come in from Utah for the holiday. After lunch we played four square and hockey and sprinkle (a ping pong game). It was lots of fun and hockey was a good little work out for me. I was running up and down our "court" a ton.
We went home at like 6:00 that evening and I got to skype with my family. It was fun! They are hilarious!
We have so much to be thankful for in our lives. We have been so blessed and are so grateful. I, personally, am blessed with a very thoughtful, laidback, fun husband who I try to spend every second I can with. Seriously, from the time he gets home everyday until it is time to go to bed, I am almost literally attached to his hip. I can't help but want to be around him. I'm so grateful, that even after 7 years :), I still LOVE to be with my husband.
November was actually our first month of trying to get pregnant. We had found out in October that Brady was going to go back to school in January and that we could get insurance through Brady's work starting in January as well. I stopped taking birth control in October and then we decided that November would be our first month of trying. We didn't end up getting pregnant but I am still very grateful that we are able to try for another baby again. I've been waiting for this for a long time.
Speaking of blessings and things I am grateful for...Brady and I are so blessed to have such a sweet and caring and thoughful little man in our family. Kolton is just so darn amazing I can barely stand it.
The Monday after Thanksgiving, the 26th, Kolton had his first basketball practice. To say he was excited would be an understatement. Practice was stinking adorable and I loved watching him out there. Kolton really does have a knack for sports. He is very athletic and coordinated and so he thrives out there.
I also got to see Kolton's school pictures from this year. I love it! I wish I would have had a chance to order his picture! I don't remember ever seeing an order form, but all well. A picture of a picture will have to do.




No comments:
Post a Comment